CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) today released its 2016 Corporate Responsibility Report, which marked progress in carbon emissions reduction, energy efficiencies, philanthropic support and employee development. The annual report highlights Motorola Solutions’ performance as a responsible corporate citizen that’s committed to operating ethically, protecting the environment and supporting the communities where it does business.
“Our company is always looking for ways to minimize our environmental impact to remain a leader in corporate sustainability,” said Terry Bell, vice president, Motorola Solutions Environment, Health and Safety. “We are proud of the strides we’ve made to be energy efficient this year, including significant reductions in our electricity usage.”
Highlights from the 2016 report include:
- Reduced energy usage by approximately 28 percent from 2015, a result of installing/incorporating energy-efficient lighting and promoting remote work options for employees
- Decreased carbon footprint (Scope 1 and 2 emissions from Greenhouse Gas Protocol) by 26 percent from 2015
- Increased overall spend with diverse suppliers in the U.S.
- Received LEED-CI Silver certification for the first phase of renovated Schaumburg, Illinois building with more than 85 percent of waste being diverted from landfills; the company is pursuing LEED Gold certification for its new Chicago headquarters based on guidelines for energy and water reduction
- Donated more than $10 million to support more than 2 million students, teachers, first responders and their families affiliated with about 200 organizations in 44 countries
- Invested $9.8 million in employee development compared with $8 million in 2015
Read the 2016 Corporate Responsibility Report
Learn more at www.motorolasolutions.com/responsibility
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI) creates innovative, mission-critical communication solutions and services that help public safety and commercial customers build safer cities and thriving communities. For ongoing news, visit www.motorolasolutions.com/newsroom or subscribe to a news feed.
MOTOROLA, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2017 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.