LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TeleSign, the world’s first end-to-end communications platform as a service (CPaaS), today announced new iOS capabilities for its mobile app verification service, App Verify. App Verify for iOS is a lightweight software development kit (SDK) that enables mobile app developers to streamline the onboarding account verification process to assist with increasing conversions and providing identity assurance.
Last year, total worldwide mobile app downloads exceeded 90 billion, an increase of more than 13 billion across the iOS App Store and Google Play1. As apps increasingly play a vital role in maintaining a healthy and growing business, removing friction and reducing abandonment during the user registration and transaction process is key. Additionally, ensuring the validity of new users is extremely important in preventing fraud and securing accounts from compromise. With the App Verify SDK, businesses can securely embed a better phone number verification process within new or existing mobile apps and deploy frictionless authentication experiences, complete with branding, for an optimal user experience.
“Effortless onboarding of new users is critical to our customers – many of whom count their users in the hundreds of millions,” said Tom Powledge, Chief Product Officer, TeleSign. “With TeleSign App Verify, we’re at the forefront of offering simple, secure verification that enables businesses across the globe to verify and protect their users on the two largest operating systems in the world.”
According to TeleSign’s Fraud Report, 64% of companies report prioritizing smooth and easy user registration over security needs. With TeleSign App Verify, businesses no longer need to choose between providing an easy registration process for new users or protecting their ecosystem from fake users. Users simply enter their phone number, click a button, and are verified at once, removing the friction, reducing user abandonment and assisting with higher growth in conversions. App Verify for the Android platform, available since 2015 (previously known as Auto Verify), utilizes a proprietary carrier-signaling method where the user verification is automatically performed in the background (app to phone), reducing manual steps for higher conversions and results in lower cost user verifications.
Additional iOS capabilities of TeleSign App Verify include:
- Interactive SMS Applink Verification – send clickable SMS applinks that when opened, automatically deliver one-time passcodes (OTPs) to the mobile app to complete the verification process, with minimal user interaction.
- Integrated Security – Helps keep hackers from reverse engineering the SDK to extract API credentials and reduces the possibility of bulk account creation.
- Custom Branding – Easily embed the user verification process within your new or existing mobile app, while maintaining full control over the branding and user experience.
- Customizable SMS Templates – Customize applink URI scheme for easy deep linking and app discoverability and set up language templates to localize the user experience.
- Lightweight Mobile App SDK – Utilize a Swift framework integrated into your iOS-based app project libraries along with sample code for seamless integration.
- Detailed Usage Reporting – View and monitor all your verification and authentication events and gain access to comprehensive usage reports.
To learn more about App Verify, and how TeleSign can help your business verify and protect users, please visit www.telesign.com/products/app-verify.
TeleSign is a communications platform as a service (CPaaS) company, founded on security. Since 2005, TeleSign has been a trusted partner to 20 of the top 25 global websites and mobile applications, helping secure billions of end-user accounts. Today, TeleSign’s data-driven, cloud communications platform is changing the way businesses engage with customers and prevent fraud. Get started at www.telesign.com/go and follow us @TeleSign for more information.
1 Source: App Annie, 2016 Retrospective - Mobile’s Continued Momentum