SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CLOUD FOUNDRY SUMMIT – Virtustream, the enterprise-class cloud company and a Dell Technologies business, today announced a collaboration with Pivotal® to provide a fully managed, enterprise-class cloud service for customers building and deploying applications with Pivotal Cloud Foundry®, one of the world's most powerful cloud-native platforms.
Designed to pair Virtustream’s leading enterprise-class cloud and managed services with the widely popular Pivotal Cloud Foundry cloud-native application development platform, the single instance, hosted service provides an alternative to general purpose public cloud offerings. This enables organizations to quickly build and deploy applications, while delivering capabilities that enhance developer productivity, ensure high availability and security, and provide operational control, all of which are necessities in developing innovative software solutions.
"To compete in today’s markets, enterprise customers require the ability to develop and deploy their applications at a faster clip,” said Kevin Reid, president and chief technology officer, Virtustream. “Virtustream Pivotal Cloud Foundry Service enables organizations to utilize one of the most popular developer platforms on the market today to deploy into a secure, enterprise-class cloud, while offloading the management of the environment to Virtustream.”
The collaboration comes amidst rapid growth for both Pivotal and Virtustream. Pivotal now works with over one-third of the Fortune 100, and a rapidly growing portion of the Fortune 2000, who rely on Pivotal Cloud Foundry to quickly develop and run modern and legacy applications at startup speeds. Similarly, Virtustream’s enterprise-class cloud is used by a growing number of Fortune 500 and global 2000 companies to run their mission-critical applications in the cloud.
“Moving at startup speeds is on the minds of every business and government organization. To adapt, organizations need to couple the best modern developer platform with rock solid cloud infrastructure, creating a cloud-native environment optimized for developer productivity,” said Bill Cook, president and chief operating officer, Pivotal. “The shift to cloud-native applications is forcing every enterprise to focus on the speed at which you go from code completion to production and into the hands of customers. The collaboration between Pivotal and Virtustream provides the world’s largest organizations a cloud environment that allows for them to rapidly ship code.”
As these enterprises increasingly use Pivotal Cloud Foundry for core business apps, security and compliance become even more important; hence, the benefits of the Virtustream and Pivotal Cloud Foundry collaboration include:
● Enterprise-class experience. By offloading the responsibilities of infrastructure and platform deployment and management to Virtustream, customers significantly reduce the cost, time, and complexity to build, deploy, and maintain cloud applications. Unlike on-premise solutions, there is no upfront investment or capital expenditure. Instead, cloud resources are managed using patented Virtustream MicroVM™ technology for true cloud economics.
● Faster time-to-market. Enterprises will innovate at a significantly faster pace with managed services that speed up the delivery of enterprise business applications and services. Developers are given the ability to deploy a cloud native application platform and infrastructure services in minutes with a seamless DevOps build, test, and deployment model in Virtustream’s enterprise-class cloud.
● Increased productivity. Without having to maintain the underlying framework, developer resources are freed up to focus on customer experience and product innovation instead of managing the complexities of the technology. Operations teams can easily collaborate on app development too, increasing overall productivity across the organization and reduce the time spent from cloud application ideation to creation.
To learn more about how Virtustream transforms enterprise IT, click on the following links:
● Virtustream Enterprise Cloud
● Virtustream Federal Cloud
● Virtustream Storage Cloud
● Virtustream Managed Services
Virtustream, a Dell Technologies business, is the enterprise-class cloud company that is trusted by organizations worldwide to migrate and run their mission-critical applications in the cloud. For enterprises, service providers and government agencies, Virtustream’s xStream® Management Platform and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) meets the security, compliance, performance, efficiency and consumption-based billing requirements of complex production applications in the cloud – whether private, public or hybrid.
*Virtustream, Virtustream MicroVM and xStream are trademarks or registered trademarks of Virtustream, Inc. in the United States or in other countries. All other trademarks used are the property of their respective owners.