DULUTH, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--National Vision Inc., one of the nation’s largest optical retailers, today announced it has awarded five high school seniors as recipients of the 2017 National Vision College Scholarship Program. Each student will receive $2,500 to support their upcoming college education, and the awards are renewable up to three years for a total scholarship of up to $10,000 per student.
“We are incredibly honored to support the continued education of these outstanding, bright students and members of the National Vision family,” said Reade Fahs, Chief Executive Officer of National Vision. “These students have already shown their great potential, and we are proud to award their success and invest in their future.”
The highly selective evaluation process includes consideration of students’ past academic performance and future potential, leadership; participation in school and community activities; work experience; a statement of career and educational aspirations and goals; unusual personal or family circumstances; and an outside appraisal.
The recipients of the 2017 National Vision Inc. College Scholarship Program are:
- Kenan Pozegic, son of National Vision Retail Support Center (RSC) Credential Coordinator Jasna Pozegic; lives in Lawrenceville, Ga., and is a graduate of Dacula High School
- Alexis Mejia, daughter of Salinas, Calif. Walmart Vision Center Assistant Manager Claudia Arias; lives in Salinas, Calif., and is a graduate of Alisal High School
- Darci TerHaar, daughter of Holland, Mich. America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses (America’s Best) Manager Kim TerHaar; lives in Zeeland, Mich., and is a graduate of Zeeland East High School
- Ryan Sohizad, son of Dearborn, Mich. America’s Best Doctor Manijeh Shafiemir; lives in Northville, Mich., and is a graduate of Detroit Catholic Central
- Jordynn Brannon, daughter of Martinez, Ga. Eyeglass World Sales Associate LaRae Brannon; lives in Martinez, Ga., and is a graduate of Westside High School
National Vision Inc. proudly offers the opportunity to apply for scholarships to all students whose parents are employed by the Company at one of its more than 975 retail locations, three labs or RSC. Established in 2006, the program has awarded a total of more than $287,000 in scholarships to 45 students since its inception. Applicants must be high school seniors or graduates who plan to enroll for the first time at an accredited two- or four-year college or university.
About National Vision
National Vision Inc. is one of the largest optical retail companies in the United States with more than 975 stores in 44 states plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico. With a mission of helping people by making quality eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible, the company operates five retail divisions: America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses, Eyeglass World, Vision Centers inside select Walmart stores, Vista Optical inside select Fred Meyer stores and on select military bases offering a variety of products and services for customers’ eye care needs. For more information, please visit www.nationalvision.com.