CLEARWATER, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Tech Data Corporation (Nasdaq: TECD) today announced that its Technology Solutions business, formerly a division of Avnet and now part of Tech Data, is enhancing its Amazon Web Services (AWS) offering through its award-winning Cloud Marketplace with the Technology Solutions AWS Reserved Instance (RI) Optimization Managed Service, a unique fee-based service designed for partners to resell to customers to address RI optimization and efficiency, is now available on the Cloud Marketplace. RIs help customers who are looking to create greater efficiencies and lower overall cloud spend, but require careful regular review, the right knowledge base and tools. Technology Solutions' RI Optimization Managed Service provides customers with access to proven expertise and in-depth knowledge of AWS billing, along with cutting-edge tools that help achieve significant cost-savings and measurement efficiency.
Specific features of the AWS RI Optimization Managed Service include:
- Combination of consulting expertise with cutting-edge tools to address customer RI optimization needs.
- Focus on achieving significant cost-savings (up to 75 percent compared to on-demand pricing) while minimizing risk of over-purchasing RIs.
- Consultation with customers to perform initial analysis and establish goals.
- Periodic reviews to analyze progress against goals and make further insightful cost-savings recommendations.
- Helps spur recurring engagements with customers with a value-add service.
- Positions partners for additional services, workload migrations and managed services.
In addition to the AWS RI Optimization Managed Service, the Cloud Marketplace now offers Marketplace Premium, an enhanced package that further equips partners to solve their customers’ challenges quickly and cost-effectively by expanding their businesses into the cloud in conjunction with existing AWS services. The Marketplace Premium package offers the following:
- Brand-ready storefronts – White-label logos, custom URL and basic colors, self-sign-up to various cloud provider programs; and easy access to existing Cloud Marketplace solutions and services.
- Customized products and solutions – Build-your-own products and solutions to sell to customers through the Cloud Marketplace on top of AWS services.
- “Test-drives” of solutions – Allow for timed trials by partners’ customers to evaluate products and solutions.
“Our AWS cloud offerings are now stronger than ever—with Technology Solutions’ timely RI Optimization Service and Marketplace Premium offerings, our partners have more exciting options to help their customers succeed today in the cloud,” said Stacy Nethercoat, vice president, Cloud, Americas at Tech Data. “Technology Solutions’ Cloud Marketplace continues to be a one-stop shop for AWS solutions from leading service providers, along with flexible payment models and a powerful cloud management toolset.”
As a further benefit to the channel ecosystem, both the Technology Solutions’ Cloud Marketplace and Tech Data’s pioneering cloud platform, StreamOne™, are available to all Tech Data partners, who now can leverage the benefits of a full array of world-class cloud offerings. Tech Data’s approach to the cloud helps partners excel through specialization while capitalizing on the high-growth, next-generation technologies that are redefining the future. In addition to the cloud, partners can leverage in-depth expertise in complementary technology market segments, including cognitive computing, the data center, data analytics, the Internet of Things (IoT), mobility, security and enterprise networking, and training and education, as well as consulting and managed services around this AWS offering.
For partners interested in learning more about these cloud offerings, please visit the Cloud Marketplace website. To keep up with the latest enhancements and developments within Technology Solutions’ Cloud Marketplace offerings, check out their Cloud Solutions Blog.
Stay up-to-date on Technology Solutions, North America, on Twitter: @AvnetAdvantage.
Connect with Technology Solutions on LinkedIn: Avnet Technology Solutions.
For more information on Technology Solutions, please visit ats.avnet.com.
For more information on Tech Data Cloud, visit www.techdatacloud.com.
About Tech Data
Tech Data Corporation is one of the world's largest wholesale distributors of technology products, services and solutions. Its advanced logistics capabilities and value-added services enable 115,000 resellers to efficiently and cost-effectively support the diverse technology needs of end users in more than 100 countries. Tech Data generated $26.2 billion in net sales for the fiscal year ended January 31, 2017. It is ranked No. 107 on the Fortune 500® and one of Fortune's “World's Most Admired Companies.” To learn more, visit www.techdata.com, or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.