LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--It Gets Better Project, a non-profit organization focused on communicating to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender youth around the world that it gets better, and on creating and inspiring the changes needed to make it better for them, is proud to announce an integrated initiative with American Eagle Outfitters in support of Pride 2017. American Eagle Outfitters will offer Limited-Edition AEO Pride t-shirts, tanks, boxer, brief, and Accessories with 100% of sales benefiting It Gets Better Project. The campaign will run online starting today at www.ae.com and in select stores from June 1, 2017 to June 30, 2017.
In addition, American Eagle Outfitters will introduce several opportunities for customers and associates to celebrate Pride, including recording their own It Gets Better video and using the brand’s own #WeAllCan hashtag to signal their support for empowerment and individuality. Both of these platforms will encourage people to get involve by taking the It Gets Better Pledge and to spread the message of hope to LGBTQ youth.
“The It Gets Better Project’s number one priority is to uplift and empower LGBTQ youth around the world,” said Brian Wenke, executive director of the It Gets Better Project. “Partnering with American Eagle Outfitters on their #WeAllCan campaign will help amplify our efforts to reach LGBTQ youth in their everyday lives. Together, we will ensure that younger generations know they are not alone and that everyone deserves love and acceptance.”
Chad Kessler, American Eagle Outfitters Global Brand President, shares the same enthusiasm for the campaign: “We are so proud to launch this partnership with It Gets Better Project. Not only does our partnership help raise awareness and funds for It Gets Better, but it also aims to create and inspire change to make life better for LGBTQ youth.”
American Eagle Outfitters efforts in support of Pride 2017 includes several components:
- 100% of sales from limited-edition AEO Pride t-shirts, tanks, boxer briefs, accessories, and aerie t-shirts and briefs will be donated to It Gets Better Project. The AEO Pride Collection will be available online starting today at www.ae.com and in select stores in the United States, Canada and Israel from June 1, 2017 to June 30, 2017, or while supplies last.
- American Eagle Outfitters will promote the partnership through social media, customer e-mails and in-store marketing and will encourage customers to take the It Gets Better Pledge and upload their own video at ItGetsBetter.org.
- In Pittsburgh, home of American Eagle Outfitters global headquarters, the company will be sponsoring Pride Pittsburgh by enabling associates to attend the Pride in the Streets concert and participate in the Pittsburgh Equality March on June 11, 2017.
- In 24 select American Eagle Outfitters stores, customers will have the opportunity to share their pride by taking photos in front of our Pride banner and have their photos uploaded to the company’s Times Square billboards on June 25, 2017 during the NYC Pride March.
- Also, in New York City on June 25, 2017, American Eagle Outfitters associates will be hosting a #WeAllCan float in the NYC Pride March that will also share customer submitted photos via video screens.
- American Eagle Outfitters is supporting its first LGBTQ film award in partnership with NewFest. The New Voices Filmmaker Grant will be awarded to a young emerging LBGTQ filmmaker during NYC Pride’s OutCinema on June 19, 2017.
About It Gets Better Project®
Launched by syndicated columnist Dan Savage and his partner Terry Miller, the It Gets Better Project is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that leverages the power of media to reach and provide critical support and hope to LGBTQ young people around the world. Through collaborative partnerships elevating positive portrayals of the LGBTQ community, the It Gets Better Project strives to communicate to LGBTQ youth that it gets better – and inspire the changes necessary to make it better for them. The It Gets Better Project received the 2012 Governor’s Award from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences and has garnered support from President Obama and 500,000 others who have taken the pledge to share messages of hope and to speak up against intolerance. Connect with the It Gets Better Project: @ItGetsBetter; Facebook.com/ItGetsBetterProject; and YouTube.com/ItGetsBetterProject.
About American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.
American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. (NYSE: AEO) is a leading global specialty retailer offering high-quality, on-trend clothing, accessories and personal care products at affordable prices under its American Eagle Outfitters® and Aerie® brands. The company operates more than 1,000 stores in the United States, Canada, Mexico, China, Hong Kong and the United Kingdom, and ships to 81 countries worldwide through its websites. American Eagle Outfitters and Aerie merchandise also is available at more than 170 international locations operated by licensees. For more information, please visit www.ae.com.