RIDGEFIELD PARK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Please replace the photo with the accompanying corrected photo.
The release reads:
SAMSUNG EMBARKS ON NEW ERA OF WHOLE HOME AUTOMATION WITH THE LAUNCH OF SAMSUNG CONNECT HOME SMART WI-FI SYSTEM
All-in-one Whole Home Wi-Fi and SmartThings Hub Offers Ultimate Home Control for Today’s Families
Available for Pre-order Exclusively at Best Buy on June 4; launching nationwide July 16th
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today announced Samsung Connect Home will be available exclusively for pre-order on BestBuy.com starting June 4. Samsung Connect Home is the industry’s first Smart Wi-Fi System to combine fast, reliable Wi-Fi coverage for every room in a home with Samsung’s industry-leading smart home platform, Samsung SmartThings.
The Samsung Connect Home Smart Wi-Fi System is available as a three-pack or single. Ideal for homes up to 4,500 square feet, the three-pack has an MSRP of $379.99. A single Connect Home is for homes up to 1,500 square feet and has an MSRP of $169.99. For homes with high bandwidth demands for gaming, streaming or home offices, a single Samsung Connect Home Pro is available at an MSRP of $249.99. A consumer can connect up to five Samsung Connect Home devices at once.
“Today’s smart homes have the power to deliver simple and efficient automation, but as families stream more content and buy more connected devices, it’s a struggle to get fast, reliable and extendable Wi-Fi coverage,” said Bill Lee, Vice President, Smart Home Product Marketing, Samsung Electronics America. “With Samsung Connect Home, we’re redefining the whole home network to finally offer families a simple solution that expands Wi-Fi coverage throughout the home while offering the ability to monitor, automate and control smart devices using Samsung SmartThings. All of this with just a few taps on a smartphone.”
Samsung Connect Home Features
- Works As A SmartThings Hub – Samsung Connect Home is the only whole-home Wi-Fi system that works as a SmartThings Hub, making it compatible with hundreds of Works With SmartThings devices. With no monthly fees or subscriptions, Samsung SmartThings makes it easy to automate and manage your smart home, and gives you the flexibility to expand your smart home with lights, door locks, cameras, voice assistants, thermostats and more.
- Expandable mesh Wi-Fi network – Samsung Connect Home is easily expandable. Each router has a range of 1,500 square feet, and users can wirelessly connect up to five Samsung Connect Home devices for mesh network coverage of 7,500 square feet.
- Safe & secure – Consumers can rest easy knowing that Samsung Connect Home is protected by hardware-based security technologies. Automatic firmware updates provide additional safeguards to keep smart devices secure.
- Simple setup and unified management – Samsung Connect Home can be set up with easy-to-follow instructions using the Samsung Connect app. The app will guide placement of each Samsung Connect Home device throughout a home for optimal performance. Samsung Connect simplifies smart device management with automatic connectivity, convenient device integration and easy set-up. Using Samsung Connect, users can easily see and manage connected devices, set parental controls and allow guest access.
- Compact design – Samsung Connect Home replaces larger, antenna-laden routers with a simple, sleek and compact design that can be placed anywhere and everywhere in the home, even in plain sight.
“As we work with customers in stores and in their homes, we know how important it is to have fast, secure and reliable whole-home Wi-Fi, especially with more smart devices now connecting to the web,” said Mary Ortizcazarin, Vice President of Smart Home at Best Buy. “Samsung’s Connect Home Smart Wi-Fi System accomplishes this with strong Wi-Fi access in every corner of the home, and as a hub for the rest of your smart home.”
Samsung Connect Home will be available for purchase on July 2 at Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com.
For more information, please visit http://www.samsung.com/us/explore/connect-home/.
Samsung Connect Home
(Available in Single and 3-Pack)
|Samsung Connect Home Pro|
(5GHz: 2EA, 2.4GHz: 2EA, BT: 1EA, ZigBee: 1EA, Z-Wave: 1EA)
(5GHz: 4EA, 2.4GHz: 4EA1, BT: 1EA, Z-Wave: 1EA)
|Processor||710 MHz Quad Core||1.7 GHz Dual Core|
|Memory||512 MB (RAM) + 4 GB (Flash)||512 MB (RAM) + 4 GB (Flash)|
|Connectivity||Zigbee, Z-Wave, Bluetooth 4.1, 4x WiFi (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz)||Zigbee, Z-Wave, Bluetooth 4.1, 8x WiFi (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz)|
|WiFi Standards||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wave 2||802.11 a/b/g/n/ac wave 2|
(866Mbps @ 5GHz, 400Mbps @ 2.4GHz)
AC2600 (1733Mbps @ 5GHz, 800Mbps2 @ 2.4GHz)
Single: up to 1,500 sq ft
3-Pack: up to 4,500 sq ft
|up to 1,500 sq ft|
|Port||RJ45 x 2, Power x 1||RJ45 x 2, Power x 1|
|Size||120 x 120 x 29.5mm (device) 147.5 x 148 x 78mm (package)||
120 x 120 x 29.5mm (device)
147.5 x 148 x 78mm (package)
1One of the 2.4GHz antenna is used for ZigBee, if SmartThings hub is enabled.
2Data rates can be adjusted to 600Mbps if the SmartThings Hub is enabled.
|3Based on IEEE 802.11ac specification; Wi-Fi speeds will vary based on range, site conditions, and other factors|
|4Wi-Fi coverage will vary based on home construction and layout.|
About Samsung Electronics America, Inc.
Headquartered in Ridgefield Park, N.J., Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), is a recognized innovative leader in consumer electronics, mobile devices and enterprise solutions. A wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., SEA is pushing beyond the limits of today’s technology and providing consumers and organizations with a portfolio of groundbreaking products in appliances, home entertainment, Internet of Things, mobile computing, smartphones, virtual reality, wireless infrastructure and wearables, in addition to offering leading content and services related to mobile payments, 360-degree VR video, customer support and more. Samsung is a pioneering leader in smartphones and HDTVs in the U.S. and one of America’s fastest growing home appliance brands. To discover more about Samsung, please visit www.samsung.com. For the latest Samsung news, please visit news.samsung.com/us and follow us @SamsungNewsUS.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies. The company is redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, network systems, and memory, system LSI and LED solutions. For the latest news, please visit the Samsung Newsroom at http://news.samsung.com.