This seminar will be addressing how practice/business managers (or compliance offers) need to get their HIPAA house in order before the imminent audits or (even worse) litigation occurs against your organization under state laws of negligence.
It will also address major changes under the Omnibus Rule and any other applicable updates for 2017. Areas covered will be texting, email, encryption, medical messaging, voice data and risk factors as they relate to IT.
The primary goal is to ensure everyone is well educated on what is myth and what is reality with this law, there is so much misleading information all over regarding the do's and don'ts with HIPAA - I want to add clarity for compliance officers.
In addition, this course will cover the highest risk factors for being sued for wrongful disclosures of PHI and the manner in which patients are now using state laws to sue for wrongful disclosures.
Don't always believe what you read online about HIPAA, especially as it relates to encryption and IT, there are a lot of groups selling more than is necessarily required.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- History of HIPAA
- HIPAA Omnibus Rule
- How to perform a HIPAA Security Risk Assessment
- What is involved in a Federal audit and how is it conducted
- Risk factors for a federal audit
- EHR and HIPAA
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Planning
- Business Associates and HIPAA
- In depth discussions on IT down to the nuts and bolts
- Risk factors that can cause an audit (low hanging fruit)
- New rules which grant states ability to sue citing HIPAA on behalf of a patient
- New funding measures
For more information about this conference visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/clwbkv/why_you_should_be