SANFORD, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AMI Aviation Services, LLC recently completed a supplemental type certificate (STC) for the Garmin G950® NXi next generation integrated flight deck, with optional APS 65 autopilot integration, in the Beechcraft 1900D. The G950 NXi system is nearly identical to the King Air G1000 NXi System but works instead with the existing autopilot (if installed). The new NXi equipment incorporates dual core modern processing power and features new and brighter LED backlighted displays that initialize within seconds after start-up, providing flight crews with immediate access to frequencies, flight plan data and more.
This new STC allows Beech 1900D operators common flight deck training and operations for autopilot and non-autopilot equipped 1900D aircraft. “Our goal is to continue to invest in this solution as a long term 1900D avionics modernization program that will ‘zero time’ the obsolete and aging factory avionics and wiring,” said Dave Doucette, President of AMI Aviation. “It’s accomplished by adding the newest Garmin NXi equipment and feature rich software, along with new options such as wireless cockpit connectivity and removal of the problematic wing mounted inverters.”
This upgrade eliminates 225 pounds of weight and removes the end-of-life factory installed EFIS 84 system, legacy navigation and communication radios, as well as other analog instrumentation. The program installs a modern, proven and affordable fully integrated three-display Garmin G950 System with all new shelves and nearly 5,000 feet of new wiring. The G950 System significantly reduces maintenance costs and provides a completely new level of situational awareness, enhanced capabilities, adaptability to new technology and increased dispatch reliability.
AMI Aviation Services parent company, AeroMech Incorporated, issued the amended supplemental type certification via its FAA Organizational Designation Authorization (ODA). The installation for the G950 retrofit will take place at its Orlando Sanford International Airport facility (KSFB). In addition, AMI Aviation will distribute the STC to qualified Garmin dealers worldwide as part of a complete FAA PMA kit designed to minimize downtime.
About G950 NXi: For the Next Generation
Equipped to meet future airspace modernization initiatives, G950 NXi equipped-aircraft are rule-compliant to meet FAA and European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) ADS-B requirements. The G950 NXi also supports the display of various ADS-B In benefits, including traffic and subscription-free weather. FIS-B weather products include: NEXRAD, METARs, TAFs, PIREPs, winds and temperatures aloft, NOTAMs, AIRMETs and SIGMETs. Exclusive traffic features such as Garmin’s patented TargetTrend™ and TerminalTraffic™ further enhance the traffic picture.
The G950 NXi integrated flight deck also supports additional features such as:
- Advanced Doppler weather radar capabilities, including ground clutter suppression and turbulence detection as options.
- COMM frequency identification displays the station ID, as well as frequency type.
- Display of sectional and IFR low/high enroute charts on the MFD.
- NEXRAD weather radar imagery can be overlaid and animated on the MFD moving map, as well as the HSI map.
- Vertical Situation Display (VSD) incorporates terrain profile view on the MFD, taking into consideration the active flight plan, altitude constraints and winds aloft.
- Departure and arrival procedures preview on the MFD
- Three-color terrain shading incorporates green, yellow and red contouring, which depicts the aircraft is 2,000, 1,000 and 100 feet above ground level (AGL) respectively.
- Aircraft maintenance personnel experience faster system software upgrades and streamlined equipment replacement.
- Flight Stream 510 enables Database Concierge, the wireless transfer of aviation databases from the Garmin Pilot™ app on a mobile device to the G950 NXi system. Flight Stream 510 also supports two-way flight plan transfer, the sharing of traffic, weather, GPS information, backup attitude information and more, between the G950 NXi and compatible mobile devices running Garmin Pilot or ForeFlight mobile.
About AeroMech Incorporated
AeroMech Incorporated, an FAA STC ODA, specializes in aircraft engineering and certification services, including RVSM, for aircraft OEMs, modification shops, and owner/operators. Since its inception in 1995, AeroMech has completed over 175 STCs, 450 flight-tests, and successfully certified more than 7,500 commercial, military and business aircraft through 19 regulatory agencies worldwide. For more information, visit www.aeromechinc.com or contact AeroMech at +1 425.252.3236.
About AMI Aviation Services, LLC
AMI Aviation Services, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of AeroMech Incorporated, is an FAA part 145 Repair Station with Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA) specializing in the design, fabrication, kitting, installation, modification, and repair of complex aircraft electrical harnesses and avionics systems. Experienced on commercial, military and general aviation aircraft, the firm’s repair station operations specifications allow AMI Aviation to install and repair avionics systems in most fixed or rotary-wing aircraft at its hangar on the Orlando/Sanford International Airport (KSFB) or offsite with no geographical limitation utilizing its “go teams”. For more information, visit www.amiaviation.com or contact AMI Aviation at +1 407.585.6130.