NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nuveen, a leading global investment manager, appointed several key executives to positions supporting its Defined Contribution Investment Only (DCIO) business.
“We see tremendous opportunity to leverage our firm’s century of experience in retirement plan investing and are pleased to welcome these talented professionals to the team as part of our plan to do so,” said Erin Donnelly, Executive Vice President and Head of DCIO at Nuveen. “Building on our record DCIO sales in 2016, we are now even better positioned to bring the full breadth of our highly competitive investment solutions to retirement plan clients.”
The new hires are part of a strategic growth initiative which began with the appointment of Ms. Donnelly in April 2016 to lead the firm’s fully integrated DCIO efforts.
Additions to the team include:
- Kate Jonas who joined as leader of the Consultant Relations team and is based in New York. In this role, she supports the firm’s sales efforts in both the defined benefit and defined contribution plan markets, building out Nuveen’s strategy and support of consultants. Ms. Jonas joined the firm from BlackRock’s Global Client Group, where she led defined contribution consultant relations for the institutional defined contribution team covering the United States and Canada.
- Christine Stokes who joined as Head of Retirement Practice Management and is based in New York. Ms. Stokes is responsible for enhancing the firm’s practice management offering in the retirement space to support the distribution growth strategy. Previously, Ms. Stokes worked at Voya Investment Management, where she was a senior product manager focused on multi-asset solutions for the institutional, intermediary and affiliate businesses.
- Daniel Noschese who joined the DCIO Sales team and is based in Chicago. He is responsible for DCIO sales through retirement specialists in the Midwest. Formerly with Putnam Investments, Mr. Noschese served as a Defined Contribution Investment Specialist where he was responsible for external DCIO sales for the Midwest region.
- Matthew Kasa who joined the DCIO Sales team and is based in Newport Beach. Mr. Kasa is responsible for DCIO sales and retirement advisor development in the Southwest. Most recently, Mr. Kasa was a vice president for DCIO sales in the southwestern United States with American Century Investments.
- Ashish Gandhi who will join in mid-May with responsibility for DCIO Institutional Sales. He will be based in Boston. Mr. Gandhi will execute Nuveen’s new business development efforts targeting large institutional clients representing Nuveen’s full suite of capabilities, including its target date offerings, to defined contribution plan sponsors. Mr. Gandhi was previously a director within LMCG Investments’ institutional business.
Nuveen is the fourth largest investment manager of defined contribution assets in the United States and the sixth largest manager of target date fund assets. Its DCIO team works in consultation with plan sponsors, consultants and retirement plan advisors to evaluate the investment menus of retirement plans and identify ways to improve outcomes for plan participants.
Through Nuveen’s investment affiliates, the DCIO team delivers a wide range of competitive fixed income and equity mutual funds and a diversified suite of environmental, social and governance (ESG) equity and fixed income funds. The team also offers the highly-ranked TIAA-CREF Lifecycle Funds and TIAA-CREF Lifecycle Index Funds, award-winning asset allocation options well-suited to act as the qualified default investment alternatives (QDIA) of defined contribution plans.
Nuveen offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. As the investment management arm of TIAA, Nuveen has $906 billion in assets under management as of 3/31/17 and operations in 16 countries. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information, please visit www.nuveen.com.
The TIAA-CREF family of mutual funds won the 2017 Lipper Mixed-Assets Large Fund Award. The Lipper Mixed-Assets Large Fund Award is given to the group with the lowest average decile ranking of three years’ Consistent Return for eligible funds over the three-year period ended 11/30/15 (against 39 fund families) and 11/30/16 (36). Note this award pertains to mixed-assets mutual funds within the TIAA-CREF group of mutual funds; other funds distributed by Nuveen Securities were not included. From Thomson Reuters Lipper Awards, © 2017 Thomson Reuters. All rights reserved. Used by permission and protected by the Copyright Laws of the United States. The printing, copying, redistribution, or retransmission of this Content without express written permission is prohibited. Certain funds have fee waivers in effect. Without such waivers ratings could be lower. Past performance does not guarantee future results. For current performance, rankings and prospectuses, please visit the Research and Performance section on TIAA.org.
Target-date mutual funds share the risks associated with the types of securities held by each of the underlying funds in which they invest. As with all mutual funds, the principal value isn’t guaranteed. Also, please note that the target date is an approximate date when investors may begin withdrawing from the fund. Real estate investments are subject to various risks, including fluctuations in property values, higher expenses or lower income than expected, and potential environmental problems and liability. Target-date mutual funds share the risk associated with the types of securities held by each of the underlying funds in which they invest. As with all mutual funds, the principal value isn’t guaranteed. The target date is the approximate date when investors expect to begin withdrawing money from the Fund.
Nuveen Securities, LLC, Members FINRA and SIPC, distribute securities products
Before investing, carefully consider fund investment objectives, risk, charges and expenses. For this, and other information that should be read carefully, please request a prospectus or summary prospectus from your financial advisor or Nuveen at 800.257.8787 or visit www.nuveen.com.
This material is not intended to be a recommendation or investment advice, does not constitute a solicitation to buy or sell securities, and is not provided in a fiduciary capacity. The information provided does not take into account the specific objectives or circumstances of any particular investor, or suggest any specific course of action. Investment decisions should be made based on an investor's objectives and circumstances and in consultation with his or her advisors.
Nuveen LLC, formerly known as TIAA Global Asset Management, provides investment services through TIAA and its registered investment advisers. Nuveen Securities, LLC, member FINRA and SIPC, is a subsidiary of Nuveen, LLC.