AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Medici, the next-generation HIPAA-compliant messaging app that enables medical providers and their patients to communicate virtually via text or video, today announced its official launch in the U.S. in all 50 states.
Beginning today, users can invite their existing family physician, pediatrician, dermatologist, dentist, veterinarian, mental health provider, nutritionist and other medical providers to join the Medici platform. Providers throughout the U.S. can similarly invite their patients to join Medici, which offers a more convenient, accessible and modernized method of communication and represents the latest innovation in healthcare technology.
“The current healthcare model in the U.S. is fragmented and frustrating for both patients and their medical providers,” said Clinton Phillips, founder and CEO of Medici. “Medici focuses on reinventing the doctor-patient relationship and reforming how healthcare is practiced and delivered by offering patients and medical professionals a more streamlined and compliant system of communication and record-keeping.”
Unlike telemedicine companies, Medici enables patients to communicate with their existing medical providers, creating an additional channel for patients and their doctors that allows for more customized and timely medical care through a single app.
Medici offers patients:
- An opportunity to eliminate follow-up appointments, unnecessary in-person visits, wait times and related costs;
- Peace of mind and timely responses to medical questions or potential emergencies that arise after-hours;
- An additional, direct line of communication with your medical providers, avoiding unnecessary phone calls, hold times and conversations with administrative staff.
- The ability to easily request authorized prescription refills;
- A centralized location for medical records compiled from the time a user downloads the app;
- An easy-to-use, transparent payment system integrated directly into the Medici platform.
Medici offers medical professionals:
- A HIPAA-compliant messaging tool that allows for easier management of patients, accessible from anywhere;
- Freedom to text with patients on the provider’s terms;
- An opportunity to increase patient retention and eliminate patient visits to urgent care centers, emergency rooms and telemedicine services;
- A compensation-based health care delivery model determined by the provider;
- A better work-life balance that allows providers the flexibility to determine their availability for patient communications via the app;
- Reduction of overhead from administrative costs associated with medical practices.
“Medici recognizes the importance of the doctor-patient relationship, which is diminishing due to unnecessary burdens placed on medical providers today,” said Dr. Thomas J Kim, chief medical officer at Med2You. “Medici offers providers a unique opportunity to care for their patients on their own terms without the effort, cost and time of conventional service options.”
Cost per interaction on Medici is determined by your medical provider. For more information, please visit www.medici.md.
Medici is the future of the doctor-patient relationship, enabling users to text or video chat with their existing medical providers—including primary care physicians, pediatricians, specialists, therapists, veterinarians, dentists and more—through a HIPAA-compliant app. Medici reconnects the continuum of care by centralizing all patient records, prescription requests, communications and interactions with medical providers onto a single platform. Medici’s leadership comprises executives from Amazon, Google and 2nd.MD. Medici is headquartered in Austin, Texas, with offices in Houston and Paris.