LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The GSMA today announced additional speakers for the 2017 Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security conference taking place 23-24 May at the Hilton The Hague in The Netherlands. In cooperation with The Hague Security Delta and The Municipality of The Hague, Mobile 360 Series – Privacy & Security will include a combination of keynote presentations, panel discussions, technology demonstrations and in-depth case studies that address the growing importance of privacy and security globally. The GSMA also announced that Huawei is supporting Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security as Global Industry Supporter.
“Building on the success of the Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security event last year, we are delighted to be again partnering with The Hague Security Delta and The Municipality of The Hague to further explore the state of network security and data privacy,” said Michael O’Hara, Chief Marketing Officer, GSMA. “Experts from across a variety of industry sectors will convene to examine the topics of security and privacy, with a focus on the growing importance of trust, privacy and security globally for governments, businesses and citizens.”
“It is great to see the GSMA choose The Hague as their destination for the Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security event again,” said Deputy Mayor of the city of The Hague Saskia Bruines. “As the cyber security capital of Europe, The Hague proactively supports and facilitates innovation. Within The Hague Security Delta – the leading security cluster of Europe – businesses, governments and knowledge institutions work together on innovations and share knowledge to contribute to a more secure world.”
The GSMA recently confirmed several additional speakers for the conference, including:
- Adriaan van Dorp, MD, Security and Intelligence Management, ABN AMRO
- David Kruger, VP, Business Development, Absio
- Arthur van der Wees, Founding Member and Co-Chair, AIOTI
- Ondrej Vlcek, EVP, CTO and General Manager, Consumer Business, Avast
- Quirine Tjeenk Willink, Partner, Bird & Bird
- Nader Henein, Global Data Protection Officer, BlackBerry
- Paul Lipman, CEO, BullGuard
- Carles Solé, Chief Information and Security Officer, CaixaBank
- René Pluis, Cyber Security Lead - The Netherlands, Cisco Systems
- Deputy Mayor Saskia Bruines, Alderman, City of The Hague
- Pieter Jansen, CEO, CyberSprint
- Prof. Dr. Jeroen van den Hoven, Professor, Ethics and Technology, Delft University of Technology
- Dr. Claus-Dieter Ulmer, SVP, Global Data Privacy Officer, Deutsche Telekom
- Nikolaos Isaris, Deputy Head of Unit, Future Networks – Internet of Things, DG Connect, European Commission
- Steve Buck, COO, Evolved Intelligence
- Mats Granryd, Director General, GSMA
- Jeff Hales, Associate Partner, Application & Data Security Practice, IBM
- Jaya Baloo, Chief Information and Security Officer, KPN
- Jan Kok, Security Technology Officer, Nokia
- Scott Mongeau, Data Scientist, Cyber Security, SAS Institute
- Robert MacDougall, Head of Enterprise Public Policy, Vodafone
These executives, as well as other business leaders and subject matter experts, will participate in a range of sessions on privacy and security including:
- Privacy and Security for Digital-Oriented Businesses: This session will explore the key privacy and security challenges and opportunities faced by enterprises undergoing digital transformation. It will focus on managing and protecting enterprise systems and data, and the privacy and security implications of adopting emerging technologies.
- Developments in IoT Security: Discover the latest developments in Internet of Things (IoT) security from both the technology and the regulatory perspectives, and how IoT security can help to drive the adoption and safe, secure use of IoT products and services.
- Data Privacy Management for Customer Data: Personal data is becoming a valuable commodity, but it can only be used in a powerful value exchange between service providers and users if users know what personal data is being used, by whom and for what purpose. Through this discussion, attendees will explore data privacy management approaches and emerging solutions in this area.
- Privacy, Security, Trust and the Data Economy: As countries around the world are developing and refining privacy and security laws and frameworks, and regulating how data is used and transferred across borders, companies are facing a complex global legal environment. This session will look at how to best support the growing data economy and how to ensure compliance with privacy and security regulation.
- Cyber Fraud: Detection, Response and Recovery for the Digital Enterprise: Cyber fraud has become one of the greatest threats to enterprises today. While the problem is unlikely to go away, there are operational policies and activities that enterprises, through their technology, compliance, and customer relations teams, can put in place to defend themselves against cyberattacks. Hear from cyber fraud experts on how enterprises can recover and protect themselves from fraudulent incursions.
The full conference agenda is available at www.mobile360series.com/privacy-security/agenda/.
Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security Registration Now Open
Registration for Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security is now open; individuals wishing to attend should visit www.mobile360series.com/privacy-security/register-plan/attendee-registration/. Members of the media should register by following the information at www.mobile360series.com/privacy-security/contact/press-accreditation/.
Get Involved at Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security
The 2017 GSMA Mobile 360 Series – Privacy & Security is the second in a series of eight industry-focused events held in major cities across the world. For information on Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security, including sponsorship opportunities, please visit www.mobile360series.com/privacy-security/overview/sponsors-partners/. Keep up to date with developments and updates on Mobile 360 – Privacy & Security (#M360PS) on Twitter @GSMA, on Facebook www.facebook.com/Mobile360Series and on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/gsma-mobile-360-series.
About the GSMA
The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide, uniting nearly 800 operators with almost 300 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem, including handset and device makers, software companies, equipment providers and internet companies, as well as organisations in adjacent industry sectors. The GSMA also produces industry-leading events such as Mobile World Congress, Mobile World Congress Shanghai, Mobile World Congress Americas and the Mobile 360 Series of conferences.
For more information, please visit the GSMA corporate website at www.gsma.com. Follow the GSMA on Twitter: @GSMA.