In Indonesia, online retail is blossoming. Despite having low rankings of Internet and E-Commerce penetration rates, this publication showcases that Indonesia's online retail market has been the biggest in the region due to its hefty population. Factors that have furthered E-Commerce development are increased Internet penetration and mobile connectivity, as well as favorable demographics and economic growth.
Statistics cited within the report reveal how the number of Internet users in Indonesia has increased dramatically, making Indonesia the global winner in terms of growth rate. Consumers show an affinity to M-Commerce technology in that smartphones were the leading device for online purchases in 2016. Furthermore, social commerce is especially strong, due to over half of Internet users surveyed seeing Facebook as both a social platform, as well as a venue to buy and sell products.
According to projections from the report, the emerging market of Indonesia is expected to experience heavy double-digit growth rates throughout the next few years, exceeding other countries in this area. Leading online marketplaces in Indonesia such as Lazada, Tokopedia, Elevania, and MatahariMall have received momentous investments, making competition even more fierce.
Key Questions Answered
- What was the size of the E-Commerce market in Indonesia in 2016?
- What are the online retail sales growth forecasts for Indonesia through 2025?
- How many people in Indonesia made purchases online in 2016?
- What are the leading product categories bought online in Indonesia?
- Who are the main E-Commerce market players in this country?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Management Summary
2. Overview & International Comparisons
4. Sales & Shares
5. Internet Users & Online Shoppers
9. Market Players
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd.
- Elevania ID
- Facebook Inc.
- Lazada Group
- Tokopedia PT
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pm87bt/indonesia_b2c