CONWAY, Ark.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Acxiom® (NASDAQ: ACXM), the data foundation for the world’s best marketers, today announced the 10 winners in the company’s 2017 Acxiom Diversity Scholarship Program.
This initiative offers $5,000 scholarships to U.S.-based students from diverse backgrounds who are enrolled in a full-time post-secondary degree program such as Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Information Quality, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics or related areas of study.
This is the program’s sixth year.
“We congratulate our 2017 scholarship recipients on this exciting achievement,” said Scott Howe, Acxiom CEO and President. “Acxiom is passionate about helping the next generation of leaders pursue their dreams through computer science and information technology careers. Our support positions them for future success, and helps foster a more diverse pool of qualified talent, which will benefit the marketing and technology industries for years to come.”
Diversity Scholarship recipients are selected based on their ability to demonstrate a combination of academic achievement, field of study aimed at Information Technology, and professional interest as it relates to Acxiom’s business needs.
In addition to the scholarship, winners have the opportunity to receive a paid internship at one of Acxiom’s sites where they will gain real-world experience and develop IT skills utilized in the industry today.
Among this year’s Acxiom Diversity Scholarship recipients are:
- Ciara Chesser – Computer Systems Engineering at University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
- Gary Dewayne Blanks II – Information Science at UALR, Little Rock, Ark.
- Jacques Iragena – Computer Science at Philander Smith College, Little Rock, Ark.
- Kylie Stephens – Information Systems at Harding University, Searcy, Ark.
- Maxie Xiong – Business Data Analytics at Arkansas Tech University, Russellville, Ark.
- Mukti Barole Shobha Sangappa – Computer Science at UALR, Little Rock, Ark.
- Patrick Niyongabo – Computer Science at Hendrix College, Conway, Ark.
- Vishnu Pillai – Information Quality at UALR, Little Rock, Ark.
In addition, two 2016 Acxiom Diversity Scholarship recipients will receive an additional $5,000 “renewal” scholarship this year:
- Aziz Eram – Information Quality graduate student at UALR, Little Rock, Ark.
- Olivier Kwizera – Computer Science and Math, a Junior at Hendrix College, Conway, Ark.
“Our award decisions were especially challenging this year given the quality of the scholarship applications we received,” said Tammy Sanders, Acxiom Director of Engagement. “We are proud of Acxiom’s inclusive and supportive workplace environment where employees feel empowered and encouraged to share their unique perspective and values,” she noted. “Our Diversity Scholarship Program takes our values into the community by supporting the goals of bright future leaders. We look forward to the contributions these students will make to Acxiom and to the marketing industry.”
Acxiom provides the data foundation for the world’s best marketers. We enable people-based marketing everywhere through a simple, open approach to connecting systems and data that drives seamless customer experiences and higher ROI. A leader in identity and ethical data use for more than 45 years, Acxiom helps thousands of clients and partners around the globe work together to create a world where all marketing is relevant. For more information about Acxiom, visit Acxiom.com.