REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Shopkick, the leading shopping rewards app that engages people with brands and drives in-store action, today launches Shopkick Grocery. Throughout each trip, Shopkick Grocery delivers moments of joy and more reward earning opportunities.
With Shopkick Grocery, shoppers can:
- Earn more rewards: larger product assortment and more grocery stores provide the most opportunities to earn free gift cards while grocery shopping every day
- Discover new products: lookbooks, videos and offers introduce shoppers to brands and items
- Create shopping lists: one tap adds products to a personalized shopping list and helps shoppers find rewards for everyday items
- Get rewarded for trying new recipes: simple recipes inspire shoppers to cook with featured products that are easily added to shopping lists
“We know that while essential, grocery shopping can be a bit of a chore,” said Bill Demas, CEO of Shopkick. “We’re changing that with Shopkick Grocery. We’ve extended what we know our users love about Shopkick to the grocery aisle, turning the mundane into a fun and rewarding experience.”
Fun and Functional for the Whole Family
Shopkick Grocery inspires shoppers and their families to:
- Gamify the grocery experience - “I use it with my four-year-old son like a scavenger hunt. It makes the entire shopping trip more exciting for him and he loves to scan. Anything to make shopping a game and not a chore is awesome.” - Sarah Akin, Richmond, VA
- Entertain kids in the aisle - “Shopkick not only entertains my kiddos while we’re shopping, but it helps keep the peace during the trip.” - Amanda Cowey, Victoria, TX
- Teach the family about money - “Shopkick has helped me teach my daughter how to save money and spend wisely. We scan together in-store and I let her choose how we redeem our kicks.” - Kelly VantHof-Curow, Muskegon, MI
Available Everywhere, Day One
The company’s biggest launch since its debut, Shopkick Grocery is available today in more than 37,000 stores nationwide, including Kroger, Publix, Safeway, Target, Walmart and more. Interacting with featured content and products from favorite brands like Ben & Jerry’s, Coty, Dole, Mentos, Purina, and Sargento result in even more rewards.
Exclusive in-app recipes provide users with simple, seasonal cooking inspiration. Recipes refresh frequently, encouraging trial of new products to keep meal planning exciting and fresh.
Turn Trips into Treats
Shoppers redeem kicks, Shopkick’s rewards currency, for free premium gifts and gift cards at the stores they love. Daily and weekly grocery chores turn into treats at Starbucks, Target, TJ Maxx, Walmart and many others. At every step throughout the grocery shopping experience consumers are rewarded with kicks; from viewing in-app content and list building while planning at home, to scanning items while in the aisle and making purchases in the store. In the first few months alone (today through early July), shoppers have the opportunity to collect more than a billion kicks!
Partners Love Shopkick Grocery
For grocers and brands, Shopkick Grocery drives closer relationships with consumers, resulting in a consistent and measurable stream of foot traffic, as well as increased product engagement and in-store sales. In an ever-changing, increasingly mobile world, these retailers and brands are looking to digital solutions that outperform paper circulars and coupons, while preserving margins.
“We saw the value in being part of Shopkick's Grocery assortment during a key shopping period to grow awareness of RAGÚ® pasta sauce and encourage consumers to seek us out in store,” said Amy Becker, Sr. Activation Manager, Mizkan America Inc. “Working closely with our agency partner Mindshare, we identified a full path-to-purchase strategy that extends from home to targeted in-store messaging, where we successfully drove consideration and purchase of RAGÚ sauce in key retailers at a conversion rate that met our benchmark.”
Through Shopkick Grocery:
- Brands drive awareness and sell more products through reward offers presented right at the moment a shopper begins to think about the store visit, while they’re in the aisle and at the register
- Grocers drive incremental foot traffic and increase basket size, while creating a fun, new experience in their stores that makes customers want to come back
Speaking with users who tested Shopkick Grocery, the company found:
- 65 percent would try a new brand of product if they could earn kicks for purchasing
- 62 percent would shop at a different grocery store to earn more kicks
About Shopkick, Inc.
Shopkick is the leading shopping rewards app, bringing moments of joy to everyday shopping. For brands and retailers, we provide high consumer engagement along the entire path to purchase. Our unique pay for performance model has been proven to deliver high ROI, driving incremental foot traffic, visits to shelf, and sales. Some of our leading brand and retail partners include Best Buy, Clorox, Coty, GSK, Georgia Pacific, Marshalls, Nestle, Starbucks, TJ Maxx and Unilever, among others. Shopkick is available for free on the iPhone from the App Store and for Android from Google Play.