NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Samsung Health is the new S Health. It’s packed with all of the features you know and love—track your steps, record your daily activities, get health tips, even challenge friends to fitness goals. Samsung Health adds several new features including telehealth, personalized insights, social capabilities, and a new UI. The service is designed to empower individuals to transform their health, showing trends for various activities, health insights and helpful feedback to create more engagement.
Samsung Health is your mobile one-stop shop for health and fitness
- Manage your personal health through goals and trackers: Samsung Health’s “Me” feature includes access to over 100 lifestyle, food and fitness trackers to track your progress. Samsung Health features integrated intelligence. “Health Insights” analyzes your activity and gives you the extra push you need to achieve your fitness goals.
- Connect with people who care: Samsung Health’s “Together” feature includes a steps leaderboard, which allows you to compare fitness goals with your friends and 1x1 challenges to compete against your friends.
- “Ask an Expert”: A service that makes it easy to connect, via video, to a board-certified doctor.
- Stay on top of health trends and news: Samsung Health’s “Discover” function features health-related content, updated daily, to help you stay in-the-know on all things health.
- Keep your personal info secure: Samsung Health utilizes encryption on Samsung devices to keep your data more safe and secure.
- Get Rewarded too: Samsung Rewards is coming to Samsung Health. Users will get rewarded for getting started with Health Insights and for registering for Ask an Expert.
Redefining the traditional health and fitness app experience
The Ask an Expert (AAE) Telehealth Service enables users to ask qualified physicians health questions, get advice, a diagnosis, and even get a prescription filled at a local pharmacy.
- Convenient: Rather than scheduling an in-person appointment and traveling to the doctor’s office, AAE enables users to have a conversation with a qualified physician via their smartphone at any time.
- Cost-Effective: The initial cost per visit is $59 without insurance coverage and may be even less as many employers and insurance companies cover telehealth service. AAE has real-time health insurance eligibility verification, so pricing will vary depending on users’ insurance.
- Comprehensive: AAE’s network contains more than 1,200 board certified licensed physicians with an average of 10-15 years of clinical experience. The service also allows users to obtain written prescriptions from their physician, if required.
- At launch, Samsung Health can integrate with many devices beyond smartphones and smartwatches, including various connected home systems and IoT devices such as heart rate monitors, weight scales, and medical instruments.
- Samsung Health has more than 60 million monthly active users, and 11 million daily active users worldwide, and is available globally across 150 countries.
- Samsung Health is currently supported globally on Android 4.4 and above devices, including Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+, with varying levels of functionality depending on hardware. Certain features may currently only be available in select countries.
- Samsung Health supports integrations with various partner apps, health management tools, devices and more. At launch, Samsung Health will have key partnerships with American Well, and more. Furthermore, Samsung Health provides collaboration with over 100 partner applications.