SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fitbit (NYSE: FIT), the leader in the connected health and fitness market, announced the availability of Fitbit Alta HR™ starting today at major retailers across the globe. The world’s slimmest fitness wristband with continuous heart rate tracking, Fitbit Alta HR combines the benefits of PurePulse® technology with automatic exercise recognition, sleep tracking, battery life of up to seven days, and smart notifications in a slim, versatile design that fits your personal style. Fitbit’s new software features: Sleep Stages, Sleep Insights and the Community tab including Feed, will all be available starting this week in the free Fitbit app across Android, iOS and Windows devices.
Reach Your Goals in Style with Fitbit Alta HR
Building on the popular Fitbit Alta™, Alta HR provides you with new health and fitness capabilities that are powered by PurePulse continuous, wrist-based heart rate tracking, such as better measuring calorie burn, seeing real-time heart rate zones, viewing resting heart rate trends, and access to more advanced sleep tracking and insights. These advancements will help you:
- Stay on track toward your health and weight goals by exercising at the right intensity and tracking calories in vs. calories burned each day.
- Make more informed decisions about your health by seeing how consistent exercise can improve your resting heart rate over time.1 A decrease in resting heart rate is a key indicator of cardiovascular health; changes up or down may indicate illness or other issues.2
- Better understand your sleep quality by gaining insight into time spent in light, deep and REM sleep as well as how different activities and habits affect your sleep patterns; receive personalized insights on how to improve your sleep for better overall health.
Fitbit Alta HR is available today for $149.953 with a Classic band in black, blue gray, coral or fuchsia. Classic accessory bands, Luxe premium leather accessories, Luxe metal bracelet and Special Edition trackers are available for $29.95, $59.95, $99.95 and $179.95, respectively.4 Designer collections are also available from PUBLIC SCHOOL, Simply Vera Vera Wang and coming soon from Tory Burch.5
Guidance & Motivation through the Fitbit App to Support You on Your Health Journey
Fitbit’s new software features provide users with the guidance and coaching needed to reach their health and fitness goals:
- Sleep Stages is now available on Fitbit Alta HR, as well as Fitbit Blaze devices (English only) via the Fitbit app on Android, iOS and Windows and on Fitbit.com, and is coming soon to Fitbit Charge 2. Powered by PurePulse, Sleep Stages uses accelerometer data and heart rate variability (the changes in time between beats), plus Fitbit’s proven algorithms to more accurately estimate how long you spend in light, deep and REM sleep stages, as well as time awake, each night to help you better understand your sleep quality.
- Sleep Insights is now available via the Fitbit app with all Fitbit devices that track sleep.6 Sleep Insights provide actionable guidance and coaching to help you improve the quality of your sleep and, in turn, your overall health. As you continue to track your sleep, the insights will become more personalized to you, your sleep patterns and your activities.
- Fitbit Community will be available this week to Fitbit app users in the U.S. on Android, iOS and Windows devices. Community is a new social feature that includes Feed, Friends and Groups, that offers more engaging ways to connect with friends, family and groups of like-minded people for support and inspiration as you progress along your path to better health and fitness.
- Cardio Fitness Level and Relax guided breathing are both now available on Fitbit Blaze. Cardio Fitness Level provides a snapshot of your cardiovascular fitness based on your estimated VO2 Max, while Relax guided breathing offers two- and five-minute sessions that are personalized to your breathing rate so you can gain the benefits of a guided breathing practice.
Switch Up Your Style with New Sport Bands for Fitbit Charge 2
Bringing a new look to Fitbit Charge 2™, the #1 fitness tracker in the U.S.,7 Fitbit is also releasing new Sport Band accessories in cobalt, coral and black, available today for $29.95.8 Featuring a sporty and stylish look, the smooth, water-resistant bands offer the perfect accessory for any type of workout. The bands have a breathable, perforated design that was tested and approved by Fitbit Ambassadors, including ultra-marathoner Dean Karnazes, cycling legend Jens Voigt and professional runners Ryan & Sara Hall.
Global Retail Availability
Alta HR and accompanying accessory bands, as well as Charge 2 Sports Bands can be purchased today at Fitbit.com and in major North American retailers, such as Amazon.com, Best Buy, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Target, REI and Verizon. The products are also available starting today at select global retail partners across Asia Pacific, Europe and Latin America.
About Fitbit, Inc. (NYSE: FIT)
Fitbit helps people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals. As the leader in the connected health and fitness category, Fitbit designs products and experiences that track everyday health and fitness. Fitbit’s diverse line of award-winning products includes Fitbit Surge®, Fitbit Blaze™, Fitbit Charge 2™, Alta HR™, Alta™, Fitbit Flex 2™, Fitbit One® and Fitbit Zip® activity trackers, as well as the Aria® Wi-Fi Smart Scale. Fitbit products are carried in 54,000 retail stores and in 65 countries around the globe. Fitbit Group Health uses the power of the Fitbit activity trackers, software and services to deliver innovative solutions for corporate wellness, weight management, insurance and clinical research. Fitstar by Fitbit offers a digital health and fitness platform that helps and inspires users to get fit anytime, anywhere, and has a footprint of over 8.3 million downloads across the Fitstar Personal Trainer and Fitstar Yoga apps, with availability in 155 countries.
Fitbit and the Fitbit logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Additional Fitbit trademarks can be found at www.fitbit.com/legal/trademark-list. Third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
1 To view resting heart rate on-device, you can customize the display settings in the Fitbit app.
2 American Heart Association, http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/More/MyHeartandStrokeNews/All-About-Heart-Rate-Pulse_UCM_438850_Article.jsp#.WHakSLYrJBx and The Canadian Journal of Cardiology, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2787005/.
3 Prices listed are on Fitbit.com, pricing at retailers may vary.
4 Tracker sold separately.
5 Loose-fitting accessories may cause variations in your activity and heart rate stats.
6 Sleep Insights works with Fitbit One, Fitbit Flex, Fitbit Flex 2, Fitbit Alta, Fitbit Charge, Fitbit Alta HR, Fitbit Charge HR, Fitbit Charge 2, Fitbit Blaze and Fitbit Surge.
7 The NPD Group, Inc., U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Health & Fitness Trackers, Smart Watches, September – October 2016, Based on units and dollars.
8 Tracker sold separately.