NEW YORK & TEMPE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Leveraging the Internet of things (IoT) to foster supply chain innovation, delivering over $16 million in cost savings, transforming processes to save 450 work hours per week and reducing expedited freight costs by over 70 percent are just a few of the outstanding personal achievements of this year’s winners in the THOMASNET.com® and Institute for Supply Management® (ISM®) 30 Under 30 Rising Supply Chain Stars Recognition Program.
“Our 30 Under 30 winners are fast becoming leaders in the digital industrial economy,” said Tony Uphoff, President and CEO of Thomas Publishing Company. “They combine talent, innovation and technological savvy in their work and we are excited to honor them as true role models for millennials in supply chain management.”
Since 2014, the 30 Under 30 Rising Supply Chain Stars program has recognized individuals who have demonstrated leadership, innovation, collaboration, and other outstanding attributes. The program, which became global for the first time in 2016, is designed to provide role models and position supply chain and procurement as a viable and exciting career choice for early career professionals.
“This year’s crop of stars is inspiring. Due to demographics, younger generations in the workforce are stepping into leadership roles earlier than their predecessors. This year’s winners are leading the charge, and show that our future is in capable hands,” said ISM Chief Executive Officer Tom Derry.
With winners as young as 24, the program’s 2016 supply chain stars make a difference in industries including aerospace & defense, oil & gas, automotive, health care, pharma, retail, manufacturing, business services, operating services, non-profit, military and the government.
This year’s Megawatt Star is Daniel Kaskinen, 29, who was recognized for his significant achievements as strategic sourcing manager with Sonic Automotive, Inc., of Charlotte, North Carolina. (Dan’s present role is strategic sourcing manager at Premier, Inc.)
Each 30 Under 30 winner will receive a one-year membership to ISM; complimentary admittance to ISM2017 annual conference in Orlando, Florida (May 21-24); and a THOMASNET.com Team Training Lunch and Learn session for them and their colleagues. In addition, Daniel and his nominator will win an all-expense-paid trip to the ISM conference.
2016 30 Under 30 Winners:
- “Megawatt Star:” Daniel “Dan” Kaskinen, Strategic Sourcing Manager, Sonic Automotive Inc., Charlotte, NC
- Andrew Bagni, Procurement Manager, General Dynamics Mission Systems, Fairfax, VA
- Andrew Boone, Manager of Finance and Planning, Graphic Packaging International, Inc., Atlanta, GA
- Gerardo Cabrera, Global Community Manager, Flex, Guadalajara, Mexico
- Kiara Conde, Transformation Analyst, Wells, Shell Exploration and Production Company, Houston, TX
- Abhishek “Abhi” Dahiya, Global Commodity Management, Senior Advisor, Dell Technologies, Round Rock, TX
- Amanda DeCook, Sourcing Associate, A.T. Kearney, London, UK
- Sarah DiPietro, Supply Chain Analyst, 3M Company, St. Paul, MN
- John Fowler, Production Supervisor, Halliburton, Spring, TX
- Jonathan “Jon” Futryk, Senior Sourcing Specialist, Crown Equipment Corporation, New Bremen, OH
- Anthony Garwood, Lead Commodity Management Specialist, GE Aviation, Grand Rapids, MI
- Corey Gustafson, Senior Buyer, Deluxe Corporation, Shoreview, MN
- Nicholas “Nick” Imison, Subcontract Administrator 1, Northrop Grumman Systems Corp., San Diego, CA
- Elaine Jolliff, Purchasing and Supply Management Specialist, Contracting Officer & Team Lead MTE CMT, U.S. Postal Service, Washington, D.C.
- Teddy Lee Knox, Strategic Operations Manager, Zipline Logistics, Columbus, OH
- Peter LaFave, Strategic Sourcing Consultant, Anthem, Inc., Thousand Oaks, CA
- Lisa Marie, Manager, Transformation, Arconic (formerly Alcoa Inc.), Pittsburgh, PA
- Brian Meyer, Sourcing Leader – Minerals and Global Components, Owens Corning, Toledo, OH
- Matthew “Matt” Montana, Category Lead, Senior, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, San Ramon, CA
- Barbara Noseda, Global Sourcing Associate, External Manufacturing Supply Integration, LifeScan, Johnson & Johnson, Chesterbrook, PA
- Jeff Novak, Lead Commodity Manager, U.S. Steel Corporation, Pittsburgh, PA
- Andrew Paulsen, Senior Buyer, SpaceX, Hawthorne, CA
- Blake Pryor, Supply Chain Management Advisor, Chevron, Luanda, Angola
- Bernadette Quiriconi, Fortive Business System Leader, Fluke Corporation, Everett, WA
- Sara Robichaux, Strategic Sourcing Category Lead – Services, Apache Corporation, Houston, TX
- Michaela Romanias, Asset Scheduler, DuPont, Wilmington, DE
- Subhash Segireddy, Supply Chain Program Manager – Network Strategy & Analytics, Cisco Systems, San Jose, CA
- Ruchir Sud, Finished Vehicle Logistics Operations NAFTA, FCA US LLC, Auburn Hills, MI
- Jaime Todd, Business Analyst, Supply Management, American Red Cross, Charlotte, NC
- Tianhou “Tian” Zhong, Senior Analyst, Global Strategic Sourcing, Coach, Inc., New York, NY
For profiles and photos of the winners, please visit www.thomasnet.com/30under30.
About Institute for Supply Management®
Institute for Supply Management® (ISM®) serves supply management professionals in more than 90 countries. Its 50,000 global members manage $1 trillion in corporate and government spend annually. Founded in 1915 as the first supply management institute in the world, ISM is committed to advancing the practice of supply management to drive value and competitive advantage, contributing to a prosperous and sustainable world. ISM leads the profession through the ISM Report On Business®, its highly regarded certification programs and the ISM Mastery Model™. For more information, visit: www.instituteforsupplymanagement.org.
THOMASNET.com® is industry’s leading platform for Actionable Information, Product Sourcing and Supplier Selection. By providing in-depth information on over 500,000 North American suppliers, and over 4 million industrial products, we help buyers and engineers connect with the right suppliers for their needs. Our legacy includes the “big green books” of the Thomas Register, and a commitment to facilitating better B2B relationships since 1896. Visit THOMASNET.com. Twitter: @THOMASNET