DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "The World Consumer Electronics Market - Markets & Forecasts up to 2020" report to their offering.
This study gives a clear overview of the Consumer Electronics sector and identifies the main technological and industrial trends:
- TV technology innovations
- smartwatches, a market still in its infancy
- impact of OTT video
- smart toys perspectives
- virtual reality, still an emerging market
- mixed reality potential
- the smart home renewal
- video games, pioneering multiscreen usage
- voice interaction
- the necessary transformation of personal computers
- the age of contactless payment.
It also delivers key indicators, market sizing and forecasts to 2020 for the following segments: TV and UHD TV, STB (cable, satellite, terrestrial, IPTV), digital media boxes (DMA, DMR, PVR, DVR, Blu-Ray, home consoles), portable media devices (tablets, smartphones, handheld consoles), personal computers (desktop and laptop).
The study includes a report and a detailed dataset.
- Digital media boxes
- home video game consoles
- Blu-ray player/recorders
- digital media adapters, also known as multimedia gateways, which allow users to read audio and video content and images from other storage sources and display/play them on the TV screen. Digital media recorders are DMAs capable of recording programmes off the TV. They may come with a built-in hard drive, but the current trend tends to be DMRs without a hard drive.
- desktop computers
- laptop computers. This sub-segment includes netbooks and notebooks
- The television segment includes LCD screens: LED, plasma and OLED. These sub-segments are not displayed separately in the database.
The set-top box segment includes four sub-segments:
- cable STB
- satellite STB
- terrestrial TV STB
- IPTV STB
Portable media devices:
- handheld video game consoles
- media tablets (touch tablets and e-readers)
Indicators by devices
- domestic shipments (million units)
- installed base (million units), including an average replacement rate for each category of device
- connectable domestic shipment (million units)
- connectable installed base (million units)
- penetration rate for connectable devices (% of households)
- relationship between the percentage of homes equipped with a connectable device and the percentage equipped with this specific device (%)
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
3. Eleven industry trends in consumer electronics
4. The state of development of the various consumer electronics segments
5. Smart TV: the era of UHD
6. The set-top box (STB) segment
7. The digital media box (DMB) segment
8. The computer segment
9. The portable media device (PMD) segment
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8622pq/the_world