VOORHEES, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--New Jersey American Water is investing over $2.6 million in new water mains in its service areas in Atlantic and Cape May Counties. The approximate 13,650 feet of new pipe replaces water main that was installed as far back as the 1910s. The aging water lines will be replaced with ductile iron pipes.
“The region’s water infrastructure is critical and this capital investment will help ensure long-term water service reliability and adequate fire protection for our more than 19,000 customers in Linwood and Ocean City,” said Tim Green, Operations Supervisor, Coastal Region. “By working with the townships and counties, we’ll be able to complete these significant infrastructure improvements in a timely, efficient manner.”
New Jersey American Water will be working along the following streets:
In Linwood City
- Laurel Avenue, from Wabash Avenue to Shore Road
- Elm Avenue, from Maple Avenue to Shore Road
- Maple Avenue, from Elm Avenue to Wabash Avenue
- Van Sant Avenue, from Bartlett Avenue to Bryant Avenue
- Bryant Avenue, from Murphy’s Way to Van Sant Avenue
In Ocean City
- Asbury Avenue, from 1st Street to Battersea Road
- 1st Street, from Asbury Avenue to Atlantic Avenue
- Wesley Avenue, from 1st Street to North Street
- East 4th Street, from Atlantic Avenue to Boardwalk
- Park Place, from Atlantic Avenue to Boardwalk
- Bay Avenue, from 31st Street to 36th Street
- Waterway Road, from Bay Avenue to Bayland Drive
With the installation of the new water mains, New Jersey American Water customers should experience increased water flows, as well as continued reliable water service and fire protection. These water main improvements are part of New Jersey American Water’s multimillion dollar program to accelerate the renewal of water infrastructure that is reaching the end of its useful life in more than 100 communities across the state.
Construction will take approximately three months to complete and final street restoration will be completed in the spring of 2017. New Jersey American Water is committed to the safety of its employees and advises pedestrians and drivers to please take caution in the vicinity of work sites.
New Jersey American Water, a subsidiary of American Water, is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.7 million people. More information can be found at www.newjerseyamwater.com. With a history dating back to 1886, American Water (NYSE: AWK) is the largest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. The company employs 6,700 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to an estimated 15 million people in 47 states and Ontario, Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.amwater.com.