ST. PAUL, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Securian Financial Group has launched a new product that may provide a faster, easier and more flexible experience for financial professionals and clients seeking indexed universal life insurance coverage.
Orion Indexed Universal Life offers the potential for faster coverage, new indexed accounts, uncapped crediting options1, an array of digital enhancements and short-term, interest-free policy loans.2
“In 2006, Securian launched Eclipse Indexed Universal Life and quickly became a leader in the marketplace3,” said Bob Ehren, Securian’s senior vice president of individual life insurance product manufacturing. “With Orion, Securian is setting a new industry standard for indexed universal life by combining our strong IUL history and expertise with the latest innovations in data, technology and product design.”
Orion IUL is for individuals who want lifetime death benefit protection, flexibility and strong cash value growth potential. Orion includes:
- A Focused Design: As a cash value accumulation focused product, Orion is designed for optimized accumulation potential when max funded.
- Multiple Indexed Accounts, Including Uncapped Options: Orion has six indexed accounts, including two uncapped options for clients wanting to maximize crediting potential.
- Short-term Loan Option: Orion has a built-in, short-term loan feature that clients can access interest-free if they pay the funds back in 90 days. The interest-free loan feature can be used multiple times throughout the life of the policy.
- Policy Reminders: Financial professionals can set up email policy reminders prompting them to take action on a variety of planned client events, such as when clients intend to take distributions, want to increase or decrease their face amount based on age and life changes, or an upcoming end to a client’s 90-day short-term loan period.
- Faster Underwriting Potential: Securian’s new accelerated WriteFit Underwriting™ is available with Orion. The healthiest clients may be approved for coverage, without lab requirements, in fewer than 48 hours following completion of a tele-interview.
Orion IUL is available to all Securian-approved distribution channels. Financial professionals interested in learning more about Orion can call Securian’s Life Sales Support Team at 1.888.413.7860, option 1.
ABOUT SECURIAN FINANCIAL GROUP
Since 1880, Securian Financial Group and its affiliates have provided financial security for individuals and businesses in the form of insurance, investments and retirement plans. Now one of the nation’s largest financial services providers, Securian is the holding company parent of a group of companies that offer a broad range of financial services.
Insurance products are issued by Minnesota Life Insurance Company in all states except for New York. In New York, products are issued by Securian Life Insurance Company, a New York authorized insurer. Minnesota Life is not an authorized New York insurer and does not do business in New York.
1. Uncapped indexed account participation rates are subject to change and may be less than 100%. This could have the impact of the indexed account credit being less than the change in the reference index.
2. The short-term loan provision provides for interest waiver if the loan is paid in full within 90 days of the date the loan was taken. In the event you do not repay the loan in full within 90 days, interest and other policy loan provisions will apply as of the date the loan was taken. Additional restrictions may apply.
3. Minnesota Life and Securian Life competitive research.
The Indexed Universal Life Series is designed to provide life insurance protection. While the interest crediting options available with the product are attractive for cash value accumulation, your fundamental objective in buying this product should be the life insurance protection provided to you and your family or business.
All indexed accounts available with the Indexed Universal Life Series employ a point-to-point interest crediting method with one-year index segments—except where noted—established monthly. Interest credits for any index segment may range from a minimum (0% or 1%) up to the maximum (which may be unlimited for some accounts) for that segment. These policies guarantee that the total interest credited over the life of the policies will not be less than a 2.00% effective annual interest rate.
Product features and availability may vary by state.
Insurance policy guarantees are subject to the financial strength and claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company.
Please keep in mind that the primary reason to purchase a life insurance product is the death benefit.
Life insurance products contain fees, such as mortality and expense charges (which may increase over time), and may contain restrictions, such as surrender periods.