HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Prime Minister of Canada, Justin Trudeau, will deliver a keynote address at CERAWeek 2017 by IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), March 6-10 at the Hilton Americas—Houston. Mr. Trudeau will participate in a special plenary dialogue with Daniel Yergin, vice chairman of IHS Markit and conference chair Thursday, March 9. He will also receive the CERAWeek Global Energy and Environment Leadership Award in recognition of his commitment to sustainability in energy and the environment.
CERAWeek is the premier annual international gathering of energy industry leaders, experts, government officials and policymakers, leaders from the environmental, technology, financial and industrial communities – and energy technology innovators.
“We are pleased to warmly welcome Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada, to CERAWeek 2017,” Dr. Yergin said. “In addition to being each other’s largest trade partners, Canada and the United States are the world’s largest integrated energy market—with Canada playing a critical role in strengthening North American energy security. We look forward to his perspectives on this relationship and are pleased to honor him with the CERAWeek Global Energy and Environment Leadership Award for his commitment to expanding Canada’s leadership role in the sustainable development of its natural resources to help to meet the world’s future energy needs.”
CERAWeek 2017: Pace of Change: Building a New Energy Future will focus on the changing market at a time of turbulence and uncertainty. The program will examine new forces at work; explore the strategies to meet competitive dynamics and the impact of technology, government policies and the global economy. Nearly 3,000 delegates from more than 60 countries are expected to attend this year’s conference.
CERAWeek 2017 will feature more than 350 speakers including:
- H.E. Khalid A Al-Falih, minister of energy, industry and mineral resources, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, chairman of the board, Saudi Aramco
- H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, secretary general, OPEC
- Fatih Birol, executive director, International Energy Agency
- Energy ministers from more than 12 countries
- CEOs from more than 20 oil and gas companies
- CEOs from more than 15 power and renewable companies
- CEOs from more than 15 global technology companies
- CEOs and senior leaders from more than 15 financial companies
- 3 United States Senators
Visit www.ceraweek.com for a complete and up-to-date list of speakers and program information.
Key themes to be explored at CERAWeek 2017 will include:
- Oil industry in transition: Where are we in the cycle? What lies ahead for industry structure and strategy?
- U.S. energy policy in the Trump era: New directions
- Climate policy, environmental policy, and sustainability
- Energy security and competitiveness
- Scaling innovation: Pace and impact of new technologies, digitalization, robotics, big-data, mobility/transportation, internet of things
- Future of the upstream business: supply, costs and industry structure
- Electric power: What are the future fuel choices for generation (coal, gas, and role of renewables), market design and new business models such as centralized vs. distributed generation?
- Natural gas: Regional imbalances and their impacts on global gas markets and strategy
- Autos and oil: the changing face of demand
CERAWeek 2017 will be held March 6-10 at the Hilton Americas Hotel in Houston, Texas. Further information and delegate registration is available at www.ceraweek.com.
Media registration is now open. Members of the media interested in covering CERAWeek 2017 are required to apply for accreditation. Applications can be submitted via the following link: http://on.ihs.com/cwmediareg17
About IHS Markit (www.ihsmarkit.com)
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 85 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions.
IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2017 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved.