DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Home Healthcare Market Analysis By Component, Services (Rehabilitation, Unskilled Home Care, Respiratory Therapy Services, Infusion Therapy Services, Telemetry), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" report to their offering.
The global home healthcare market is expected to reach USD 517.2 billion by 2025. Home healthcare products are generally applied to a broad range of equipment and services designed for exclusive use for home or other non-medical establishments by non-professional caregivers, family members, or the patients themselves.
Increasing adoption of telehealth and other emerging technologies are expected to drive market growth over the forecast period. Home healthcare is rapidly getting adopted as a cost effective alternative to healthcare establishment based therapy and therefore, growing geriatric population base and prevalence of chronic conditions requiring long term care is also expected to have a positive impact on growth.
Presence of untapped potential in emerging markets such as India, Brazil and China and increasing health awareness are expected to serve home healthcare market as future growth opportunities.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Home healthcare services dominated the component segment, accounting for over 85.0% of global revenue in 2015.
- Infusion therapy is expected to be the fastest growing services market. Increasing initiatives undertaken by medical service providers to curb costs associated with specialty drugs and by retail pharmacies to render efficient chronic disease management solutions are some of the drivers of this market.
- Home healthcare based diagnostics held lucrative share in the equipment segment accounting around 40.0% in 2015.
- North America was the largest regional market in 2015, accounting for over 40.0% of the revenue. Presence of sophisticated medical systems and reimbursement infrastructure, high patient awareness levels and healthcare expenditure are some of the factors accounting for its substantial share.
- Asia Pacific home healthcare market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR of around 9.0% from 2016 to 2024 majorly owing to high unmet medical needs coupled with rapidly improving health infrastructure.
Major players in this vertical include
- Almost Family Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Abbott Laboratories
- Sunrise Medical Inc.
- 3M Health Care
- Cardinal Health Inc.
- Roche diagnostics corp
- Air Liquide
- Arcadia Health Care
- Bayer AG
- Amedisys, Inc.
- Nxstage Medical, Inc.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/n5sq6t/home_healthcare