PHILADELPHIA & SAN BRUNO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Comcast and Google today announced a deal that will launch the YouTube app on Xfinity X1 across the country later this year. X1 customers will be able to easily browse and seamlessly access over the Internet the entire YouTube catalog of billions of videos alongside the live, on demand, DVR and web programming included with their Xfinity TV subscription.
“We are excited to partner with Google to bring YouTube to X1 and provide our customers easier access to all the content they love in one place,” said Sam Schwartz, Chief Business Development Officer, Comcast Cable. “By integrating YouTube into the X1 experience, viewers can simply and effortlessly access videos on any topic, from cooking, to beauty and fitness with just their voice."
X1 customers will be able to access YouTube in the Apps and Networks sections of X1, and via featured YouTube content that will be integrated throughout Xfinity On Demand. And for the first time, YouTube viewers will enjoy universal voice control with the X1 voice remote and be able to access YouTube content in the following ways:
- Launch the YouTube app by simply saying “YouTube” into the X1 voice remote.
- Browse featured YouTube content alongside other On Demand movies and shows.
- Search for movie trailers or TV show clips by saying, “Show me Adam Levine clips from ‘The Voice’ on YouTube,“ or “YouTube, find ‘The LEGO Movie’ trailer.”
- Access hundreds of thousands of music videos by saying, “Show me Ariana Grande videos on YouTube,” or “Watch Katy Perry’s ‘Chained to the Rhythm’ on YouTube.”
- Watch the world’s best gamers face off by saying, “YouTube, Launch League of Legends Championship Series.”
- Search the latest videos from your favorite personalities by saying, “Show me Ellen Degeneres on YouTube,” or “YouTube, Logan Paul videos.”
- Or search millions of user-generated videos like dinner recipes and workout routines by saying, “YouTube, show me chicken recipes,” or "Find yoga videos on YouTube.”
“The YouTube integration on X1 will provide users the ability to seamlessly navigate and access YouTube content alongside their cable service. And by simply using their voice, users can now access diverse videos that creators make every single day,” said Robert Kyncl, Chief Business Officer, YouTube.
Once launched, X1 customers will be able to browse and access YouTube’s massive collection of digital content, including gaming videos, eSports content, music clips, fitness videos, daily vlogs from YouTube creators, entertainment clips, and real-time trending news, sports and viral videos. Current X1 and YouTube customers will also have the ability to sign in when accessing YouTube on X1 and readily access their personalized settings and subscriptions.
The Emmy-award winning X1 platform is in nearly 50 percent of Comcast video customer homes. For more information about X1, interested customers can visit www.xfinity.com/X1.
About Comcast Cable
Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone providers to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.
Launched in May 2005, YouTube allows billions of people to discover, watch and share originally-created videos. YouTube provides a forum for people to connect, inform, and inspire others across the globe and acts as a distribution platform for original content creators and advertisers large and small.