DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Uruguay: High FTTH and LTE Penetration Levels to Drive Growing Demand for OTT and IoT Applications" report to their offering.
Uruguay: 'High FTTH and LTE Penetration Levels to Drive Growing Demand for OTT and IoT Services' a new Country Intelligence Report, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Uruguay today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2021.
Uruguay is the fourth most developed economy in Latin America, measured in terms of PPP-adjusted GDP per capita, just below Panama, Chile and Argentina.
With an estimated revenue of $1.5bn, or 2.9% of GDP, the telecom and pay-TV services market in Uruguay is also one of the most developed in the region. The country has one of the highest 4G/LTE penetration rates in Latin America, which combined with a high FTTH adoption rate creates a fertile ground for the development of a wide range of digital services and applications in areas such as OTT and Internet of Things (IoT) solutions related to smart cities, smart metering, smart home and smart building.
- Uruguay's high levels of development in the telecom segment are mostly explained by the implementation of ambitious digital development policies aimed at providing Internet access to most of its population.
- The distribution of telecom service revenue in the Uruguayan market has been quite stable over the past several years, and we expect it will remain relatively unchanged going forward. Antel, which holds a monopoly in several key market segments, is the largest player in the market in terms of revenue, distantly followed by mobile operators Movistar and Claro.
- We project that the country's mobile subscriber base will expand at a CAGR of 1.6% during the 2016-2021 period, driven by M2M connections and the increasing adoption of mobile data services, particularly in less populated parts of the country, where the future rollout of 4G/LTE in the 700MHz band will have a greater impact.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive summary
2. Market and competitor overview
3. Segment analysis
4. Identifying opportunities
- Movistar Uruguay
- América Móvil
- Claro Uruguay
- Nuevo Siglo
- DIRECTV Uruguay
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bs44lb/uruguay_high