PORTLAND, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ:LSCC), the leading provider of customizable smart connectivity solutions, today announced the expansion of its Lattice CrossLink™ programmable ASSP (pASSP) solutions to enable new video bridging capabilities with the release of three new CrossLink intellectual property (IP) and two new CrossLink demonstration platforms showcasing MIPI® DSI to LVDS and CMOS to MIPI CSI-2. Reinforcing Lattice’s commitment to provide bridging solutions for consumer, industrial, and automotive applications, the company has optimized existing CrossLink IP to save logic resources and lower power consumption.
The CrossLink product was designed to address the challenges of today’s rapidly changing I/O landscape by offering designers a new way to develop high performance, low power and compact bridging solutions. Since the product introduction less than a year ago, Lattice has seen strong interest from customers to expand beyond typical early applications of the CrossLink product for simple interface conversion, merging and muxing of image sensors, application processors and displays.
By optimizing existing IP, leveraging new IP and development platforms, along with additional resources, Lattice can offer more solutions for a greater variety of bridging applications that captures the best of both worlds with the combined the flexibility and fast time to market of an FPGA and the power and functional optimization of an ASSP.
“The new CrossLink IP and solutions will enable our customers to adopt cameras and displays with the latest mobile interface technology to reduce overall system cost, power and size, while accelerating the design cycle of their next-generation products,” said C.H. Chee, senior director of marketing, mobile & consumer division at Lattice Semiconductor. “As inventors of the first programmable bridging device, and the world’s fastest MIPI D-PHY bridging device, Lattice is committed to delivering a low cost bridging solution with the highest bandwidth, lowest power and smallest footprint.”
Key features of the new CrossLink pASSP IP solutions include:
- One Input to One Output MIPI CSI-2 Camera Interface Bridge enables better connectivity and improved signal integrity over connectors, large PCBs and flex cabling. It also provides programmability for data packet repair or additional packet transmissions.
- One Input to Two Output MIPI CSI-2 Camera Splitter Bridge enables video data from a single image sensor to go to two sources.
- 4:1 MIPI CSI-2 Camera Aggregator Bridge allows four CSI-2 cameras to be connected to a single CSI-2 interface on the processor. Two image sensors are merged together in a left/right format. A GPIO pin can then multiplex between the two sets of merged image sensors.
New Technology Demonstration Platforms
CMOS to MIPI CSI-2 Camera Bridging Demonstration
- Connects a popular image sensor with MIPI DPI CMOS-type pixel bus to the CSI-2 input on the application processor
- MIPI DSI to LVDS display bridging demonstration
- Connects the applications processor to a Dual Link LVDS display
MIPI DSI to LVDS Interface Bridging Demonstration
- Connects mobile application processors to large format LVDS displays
- Demonstrates the ability for industrial displays to interface to high volume, high performance mobile Application Processors.
- Full suite of CrossLink IP can be accessed here: http://bit.ly/2k84sQb
- New CrossLink IPs available in Clarity Designer can be downloaded with Lattice Diamond 3.9 here: http://www.latticesemi.com/en/Products/DesignSoftwareAndIP/FPGAandLDS/LatticeDiamond.aspx
CrossLink evaluation boards with the new IPs are available now from Lattice and its distributors. To learn more, please visit www.latticesemi.com/CrossLink.
About Lattice Semiconductor
Lattice Semiconductor (NASDAQ: LSCC) provides smart connectivity solutions powered by our low power FPGA, video ASSP, 60 GHz millimeter wave, and IP products to the consumer, communications, industrial, computing, and automotive markets worldwide. Our unwavering commitment to our customers enables them to accelerate their innovation, creating an ever better and more connected world.
Lattice Semiconductor Corporation, Lattice Semiconductor (& design), and CrossLink and specific product designations are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Lattice Semiconductor Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
MIPI is a licensed trademark of MIPI, Inc. in the U.S. and other jurisdictions.
GENERAL NOTICE: Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective holders.