--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Teenagers love technology and social media, but often lack the understanding of how to manage their personal brand. Mercer Henderson, creator of 4GirlsTech and developer the popular apps Friendits and Audiots, will be hosting the first annual social media and teen entrepreneurship conference, aimed to help tweens to teens learn how to be socially smart, manage their online social presence, create markets and take ideas from concept to market.
This half-day conference will host some of the biggest names in social media and tech, including Selina Tobaccowala (founder of Gixo), Tina Sharkey, Media Genius, John Battelle and various founders, investors and social media stars for dynamic and fun conversations and relevant stories that will inspire and activate the next generation of entrepreneurs.
WHO: Tweens to Teens ages 8-16 in the Bay Area eager to learn how to grow and build their social media presence, build a business, act on a dream, find their passion, and be at the forefront of social good.
WHEN: Saturday, April 29, 2017, 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM PDT (registration at 8:00 AM)
WHERE: Jewish Community Center - 3200 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94118
*Close to public transportation. SF Muni: #1 California #2 Clement #3 Jackson #43 Masonic, drop in front of JCC;
* By BART (East Bay) Exit at Montgomery St., short Uber/cab to JCC
- Short, informative chats and panels with some of the most respected, hippest and smartest people in the tech & media industry, on finding your passion and creating new markets.
- Discussions with John Battelle and Tina Sharkey on what it means to be “socially smart” in managing your public Instagram and Snapchat.
- Fireside chat with co-founder of 500 Startups Dave McClure and Silicon Valley Bank executive Christine O'Brien on how to fund your idea.
Keynote with TV and music star Asia Monet Ray discussing the rise to
- How do you get to one million followers? What it is like to have a public social brand? How do you keep it positive? Creating a YouTube presence and more.
- Lunch and Snacks Included
- Free for kids ages 8-16
- Seats are limited and attendees MUST register via Eventbrite http://bit.ly/2kRlG3l
- Parents/guardians/adults accompanying kids will be asked to make a small donation of $10-$25, which will be distributed to The Sasha Project LA