OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This A.M.BestTV episode highlights the annual Insurance Leader of the Year dinner, where 1,500 insurance executives gathered in New York, NY, to honor Anthony Markel, vice chairman, Markel Corporation, as 2016’s Insurance Leader of the Year. Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=insuranceleader217 to view the entire program.
This year’s dinner raised more than $2.3 million for the Peter J. Tobin College of Business and School of Risk Management of St. John’s University.
“I could not believe it. I thought someone was pulling my leg,” said Markel. “I have so much respect for all of the honorees that have previously received this award that frankly, I had no idea I would be considered, much less receive it. I was really overwhelmed.”
Other people that appear in this episode:
- Kevin Kelley, chief executive officer, Ironshore;
- Alan Kaufman, Chairman, president, chief executive officer, H. W. Kaufman Financial;
- Steve DeCarlo, chief executive officer, AmWins Group; and
- Brandon Sweitzer, dean, School of Risk Management, St. John's University.
Recent episodes of A.M.BestTV include:
- Institutional Investors Drawn to Life Settlement Market: Attendees at the annual Life Settlement Institutional Investor Conference in New York, said there is renewed interest in the repurchasing of life policies but it faces a range of challenges: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=lisa217.
- Personal Lines Sector Holds Sole Stable U.S. Property/Casualty Outlook: A.M. Best Senior Managing Director and Chief Rating Officer Stefan Holzberger reviews highlights from A.M. Best's annual Review/Preview report for the U.S. property/casualty insurance industry, including how automobile, homeowners and commercial writers are responding to a challenging underwriting environment and an abundance of capital: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=pc117.
- Repeal of Affordable Care Act Could Trigger Range of Impacts: A.M. Best Senior Director Sally Rosen and Senior Financial Analyst Wayne Kaminski examine provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act that might be subject to repeal and how their removal could affect U.S. health insurers: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=aca117.
- Life/Annuity Insurers Respond to Reserving, Product Changes: A.M. Best Senior Managing Director and Chief Rating Officer Stefan Holzberger outlines highlights from A.M. Best's annual Review/Preview report on the life/annuity sector, including the introduction of principles-based reserving for new business, regulatory changes and insurers' efforts to more closely tie products to the interest rate environment: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=lifeannuity117.
A.M.BestTV covers exclusive A.M. Best information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the (re)insurance industry every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html. View A.M.BestTV episodes at http://www.ambest.tv.
A.M. Best is the world’s oldest and most authoritative insurance rating and information source. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2017 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its subsidiaries. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.