HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Entrepreneur, hedge fund manager, venture capitalist, philanthropist, political activist and author, Peter Thiel will deliver keynote remarks during CERAWeek 2017, March 6-10 at the Hilton Americas—Houston.
Mr. Thiel, Facebook’s first outside investor and a co-founder of PayPal, will participate in a special keynote dialogue with Dan Yergin, IHS Markit vice chairman and conference chair, during the conference.
CERAWeek by IHS Markit is the premier annual international gathering of energy industry leaders, experts, government officials and policymakers, leaders from the technology, financial and industrial communities – and energy technology innovators.
“We are pleased to welcome Peter Thiel among the distinguished group of speakers at CERAWeek 2017,” Dr. Yergin said. “The pace of change and the forces that drive it is a major focus at this year’s conference. Mr. Thiel’s recognized position at the forefront of business and technological innovation—as well as his unique vision to shape the future—will be a much-valued addition to this important topic.”
CERAWeek 2017: Pace of Change: Building a New Energy Future will focus on the changing market at a time of turbulence and uncertainty. The program will examine new forces at work; explore the strategies to meet competitive dynamics and the impact of technology, government policies and the global economy.
The CERAWeek 2017 program will include:
- H.E. Khalid A Al-Falih, minister of energy, industry and mineral resources, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, chairman of the board, Saudi Aramco
- H.E. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo, secretary general, OPEC
- Fatih Birol, executive director, International Energy Agency
- 15 energy ministers
- 10 CEOs of international oil companies
- 12 CEOs of power and renewable companies
- 15 CEOs of global technology companies
Visit www.ceraweek.com for a complete and up-to-date list of speakers and program information.
Key themes to be explored at CERAWeek 2017 will include:
- Oil industry in transition: Where are we in the cycle? What lies ahead for industry structure and strategy?
- U.S. energy policy in the Trump era: New directions
- Climate policy, energy security and competitiveness
- Scaling innovation: Pace and impact of new technologies, digitalization, robotics, big-data, mobility/transportation, internet of things
- Future of the upstream business: supply, costs and industry structure
- Electric power: What are the future fuel choices for generation (coal, gas, and role of renewables), market design and new business models such as centralized vs. distributed generation?
- Natural gas: Regional imbalances and their impacts on global gas markets and strategy
- Autos and oil: the changing face of demand
CERAWeek 2017 will be held March 6-10 at the Hilton Americas Hotel in Houston, Texas. Further information and delegate registration is available at www.ceraweek.com.
Media registration is now open. Members of the media interested in covering CERAWeek 2017 are required to apply for accreditation. Applications can be submitted via the following link: http://on.ihs.com/cwmediareg17
About IHS Markit (www.ihsmarkit.com)
IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions for the major industries and markets that drive economies worldwide. The company delivers next-generation information, analytics and solutions to customers in business, finance and government, improving their operational efficiency and providing deep insights that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. IHS Markit has more than 50,000 key business and government customers, including 85 percent of the Fortune Global 500 and the world’s leading financial institutions. Headquartered in London, IHS Markit is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.
IHS Markit is a registered trademark of IHS Markit Ltd. All other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners © 2017 IHS Markit Ltd. All rights reserved.