CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--PepperBall®, a division of United Tactical Systems, LLC, and the world leader in non-lethal .68 OC/PAVA and CS chemical-irritant systems, today announced the release of a next-generation suite of non-lethal products at the 2017 SHOT Show in Las Vegas, NV, January 17-20.
Company Chairman David Luxton, founder of Simunition, commented, “The growing demand for PepperBall® with its proven record of safe deployment in thousands of incidents is driving requirements for new and versatile delivery platforms. We’re bringing to market more innovations in 2017 than have been seen in the company’s 20-year history.”
- A new Tactical Compact Pistol – a first-ever mini-pistol, compact enough to be comfortably worn on a duty belt, and featuring quick-change 6-round magazines with self-contained pneumatic power source, plus unsurpassed accuracy from PepperBall’s® highly engineered VXR shaped projectiles.
- A new Tactical Carbine launcher – featuring select-fire capability and a high-capacity air system for extended mission time, all in a compact configuration.
- A new variant of the popular VKS M4 pattern launcher – now in a select-fire version with a high-capacity magazine that fires both round and shaped PepperBall® projectiles, for more versatility.
- A first-ever 12-gauge PepperBall® shotgun cartridge – developed in response to customer requests for an alternative to deliver both a kinetic punch and an effective disabling irritant in a single projectile using a standard pump-action shotgun like the Remington 870.
- A new 40MM PepperBall® fused projectile – fired from either a stand-alone pneumatic launcher or from an under-mount on the familiar M4, delivering a 3-second time-delayed high-volume overhead payload of PepperBall® for crowd control.
- And, a first-ever PepperBall® drone - for expanded mission capability, combining on-board camera surveillance and evidence collection with precision deployment of PepperBall® irritant powder utilizing a unique targeting and release technology.
The PepperBall® system originates in a 1996 DARPA program. PepperBall® projectiles are precision-manufactured with a proprietary outer shell and live active irritant compound engineered to burst on impact into a temporarily incapacitating cloud with no harmful after-effects. PepperBall® products are in use with thousands of agencies across the U.S. and around the world, and offer a true non-lethal alternative with an unsurpassed safety record over thousands of incidents spanning 20 years. The Company delivers professional certified training for users, instructors and armorers. PepperBall® engages with Tier One industry defense and security partners, military agencies and law enforcement to continue to evolve safe, effective variants and versatility for non-lethal solutions and missions. PepperBall® is a registered trademark of United Tactical Systems, LLC, exclusive manufacturer and worldwide supplier of genuine PepperBall® products.
For more information about PepperBall® and its products, please visit: www.PepperBall.com or contact: