DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Protective
Relay Market Analysis By Voltage, By Application, By End-Use And Segment
Forecasts To 2024" report to their offering.
The protective relay market is expected to reach USD 4,025.2 million by 2024
Mounting investments in the transmission & distribution networks to
replace the old equipment is expected to be a major factor expected to
spur the growth over the forecast period. The intensifying intricacy of
electrical systems has made it inevitable to incorporate protective
devices for power systems safety. The growing electricity generation
capacity to meet the growing population's electricity demand is
estimated to act as a key driver augmenting market demand. Nevertheless,
the cost concomitant with the set up & maintenance of these relays is
estimated to challenge the industry over the near future.
The global protective relay market is anticipated to witness high growth over the forecast period. This may be accredited to continuous population growth along with the mounting regional power consumption in Asia Pacific. The rising importance of smart grid technology coupled with upsurge in renewable energy projects is expected to further catapult protective relay demand over the next eight years. For instance, after the earthquake and tsunami in 2011, in Japan, the government decided to reduce the energy supply gap by augmenting renewable energy generation.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- The medium voltage segment captured over 40% of the total revenue in 2015 and is projected to exhibit a significant growth at a CAGR of over 5% from 2016 to 2024. This can be attributed to their extensive usage in the fortification of structures such as houses, shopping center, hospitals, and warehouses, which require medium voltage power.
- Feeder protection application segment is expected to gain prominence over the forecast period exceeding a CAGR of 6.0% from 2016 to 2024. This is primarily due to the criticality of the transmission & distribution networks to safeguard the overhead cables required for the electricity transmission
- Assimilation of protective relays in huge power systems and substations to ensure security & operational safety of the equipment is projected to drive the demand across the power sector over the next few years. The power segment accounted for a significant market share in 2015 capturing over 30% of the entire revenue share in the same year.
- Asia Pacific emerged as the largest and the fastest growing market accounting for more than 30% of the overall share in 2015. Increasing investments in transmission & distribution infrastructure in China & India is expected to spur the protective relay demand in this region.
- The key purveyors in this industry comprise Siemens, GE-Alstom, ABB, and Schneider. International players hold a strong foothold in the market making it difficult for the local suppliers to compete.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vlxs6h/protective_relay