COOPERSBURG, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--With its superior quality and reliable solutions that focus on exceptional experience, design and technology, lighting control pioneer Lutron Electronics continues to advance the lighting control and connected home technology industry at the 2017 Consumer Electronics Show (CES). With products that range from the affordable and easy-to-install Caséta Wireless system, to professionally installed and connected RadioRA 2 and HomeWorks QS total home control systems, Lutron has set the standard and maintains top-market position with solutions that drive the industry forward and make people’s lives better.
“Lutron is a unique smart home brand,” said Matt Swatsky, Senior Director of Caséta Wireless. “Our hardware is beautiful, our software is thoughtfully designed and easy to use, and our products are backed by superior quality and support, including Lutron’s 24/7 hotline. Lutron has maintained a strong focus on quality for 55 years, including 25+ years of experience in smart homes and smart buildings.”
Lutron’s quality and innovation continue to be showcased at this year’s CES through alliances with smart home brands and product line expansions, such as:
- Samsung SmartThings™ –Early this year, Caséta Wireless customers will connect its system dimmers and Lutron Serena Shades to the Samsung SmartThings app, providing another option of control and convenience, for a more complete smart home.
- Nest Cam – By leveraging the intelligence of Nest’s person alerts, Caséta Wireless dimmers and switches can now turn on when a person is detected by Nest Cam Indoor or Outdoor, conveniently adding additional security and providing peace of mind.
- Apple® HomeKit – Lutron’s Caséta Wireless system supports Apple HomeKit, enabling homeowners to control their Lutron dimmers and systems using Siri on their iPhone® or iPad®.
- Amazon Alexa – Following its integration with Amazon Alexa last year, Alexa can now control lighting, shading and temperature scenes with Caséta Wireless, RadioRA 2 and HomeWorks QS, making it easy for homeowners to set a scene by simply saying, “Alexa, Good Morning.”
- Logitech® Pop Home Switch – Everyone in the family can trigger actions and adjust Caséta Wireless dimmers and Serena Shades with the Logitech Pop Home Switch.
- Wink Hub 2 – Caséta Wireless has integrated with Wink Hub 2 through Lutron’s Clear Connect wireless protocol, built into the next generation hub.
- Hunter® Fan Company Fans – Homeowners can now can easily control their HomeKit-enabled Hunter Symphony and Signal ceiling fans to a preferred setting or scene with Caséta Wireless, through the Lutron app or convenient voice control.
- Sonos® – Caséta Wireless has added an integration capability to Sonos with the launch of the Pico Remote for Audio, changing the way people listen to music at home.
- ELV+ Dimmer – The Caséta Wireless product line has expanded to include the ELV+ dimmer, a phase selectable dimmer that simplifies light bulb compatibility.
Best in Class Connections
Since launching RadioRA in 1998, Lutron has continued to form alliances with best-in-class brands, integrating new technology, like voice control that makes it easy for customers to interact with and control their connected homes. Convenient, connected control enhances peace of mind and improves quality of life. In addition to voice control with Apple HomeKit and Amazon Alexa, Lutron works hard to align with brands such as Nest, Comcast, AT&T Digital Life, Savant, Honeywell and Logitech.
“Consumers want simple, reliable technology in their homes, and easy control of their household systems,” said Michael Smith, Vice President of Residential Sales. “Integration with Lutron Caséta Wireless, RadioRA 2, and HomeWorks QS systems does just that – provides customers with the ability to say, ‘Alexa, turn on my lights’ or ‘Siri, Good Morning,’ while still preserving their ability to control lights with the Lutron Pico remote, keypad or Lutron app when voice control is not practical.”
Lutron Quality and User Experience – “it just works”
Twenty-five years of wireless leadership and expertise in both smart homes and smart buildings is built into all of Lutron solutions, regardless of price, purpose or usage, and its innovative products feature superior technology, aesthetics, cognition, ergonomics and performance. With each smart home system, Lutron takes care of the customer and delivers superior products that combine quality design and technology that works the first time. Lutron products are backed by a deep understanding of technology as well as a 24/7 technical support hotline that a person always answers.
From watching TV to helping the kids with homework, or enjoying a quiet dinner, life is more relaxing and comfortable in the right light and setting. Ask Alexa or Siri to control lights when your arms are full of groceries. Use convenient remote control capability when the kids are sleeping or while you’re talking on the phone. Versatile Lutron wireless solutions also offer tremendous benefits for aging in place or disabled customers.
Where to Buy Caséta Wireless
Priced from $99, Caséta Wireless kits are available on Amazon.com, Apple Stores and Apple.com, BestBuy.com® and Best Buy® stores, HomeDepot.com and The Home Depot® stores, Lowes.com and Lowe’s Home Improvement centers, Magnolia® Design Centers, select Magnolia Home Theater stores, and from local electricians, lighting showrooms, electrical distributors and home technology professionals.
The free Lutron App for Caséta Wireless is available on iTunes® and Google Play®. Caséta Wireless enables dimming of incandescent, halogen, dimmable CFL and dimmable LED bulbs – visit the Lutron LED Control Center of Excellence for more information about compatible bulbs. Visit www.casetawireless.com for more information.
Where to Buy RadioRA 2 and HomeWorks QS
RadioRA 2 and HomeWorks QS are available from authorized dealers in the U.S. and Canada, as well as authorized dealers in select regions of Central and South America. Some components are also available in Europe.
About Lutron Electronics (www.lutron.com)
Founded in 1961, Lutron Electronics is headquartered in Coopersburg, Pennsylvania. From dimmers for the home, to lighting management systems for entire buildings, the company offers more than 15,000 energy-saving products, sold in more than 100 countries. In the US alone, Lutron products save an estimated 10 billion kWh of electricity, or approximately $1 billion in utility costs per year. The company’s early inventions— including the first solid-state electronic dimmer invented by Lutron’s founder, Joel Spira—are now at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History in Washington, DC.
- Lutron, Caséta Wireless, Clear Connect, HomeWorks QS, RadioRA 2 are trademarks of Lutron Electronics Co., Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Apple® and iTunes® are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Best Buy® and BestBuy.com® are trademarks of Best Buy and its affiliated companies.
- Google Play® is a registered trademark of Google Inc.
- Hunter® is a trademark of Hunter Fan Company.
- Magnolia® is a trademark of Best Buy.
- The Home Depot® is a registered trademark of Home Depot Product Authority, LLC ("HDPA")
- Wi-Fi® is a trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Logitech® is a registered trademark of Logitech Inc.
- Samsung SmartThings™ is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.