REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Shopkick, the leading shopping rewards app that engages people with brands and drives in-store action, today announces record-breaking highs on its most essential company metrics in 2016:
Company Revenue on the Rise:
- Q4 was the highest revenue quarter in the company’s history
- Partners fueled growth, with 57 percent higher Brand revenue in 2016 over 2015
Reaping Rewards, Regardless of Product Category:
- Engagement out of store and in the aisle: 71 percent more brands in the shopkick app during Q416 compared to Q415
- Holiday season booms: Brand revenue nearly doubled from Q3 to Q4 in 2016 (92 percent)
- Video drives conversion: Branded video engagement drove measurable increase in basket size
- Kicks galore: Users earned a record high of 6.3 billion kicks in 2016
- Consumers earn rewards: More than 700,000 people received over $15 million in gift cards
“When people think of end of year marketing campaigns, the door-busting drama around big ticket items generally dominate, but what really stood out for us was the ability to not only increase awareness of one of our more unique items, Pronto Pasta, but also increase our sales during a time when shoppers are not typically thinking about pasta,” said Debbie Zefting, Director of Shopper Strategy and Engagement at Barilla. “To have such a rich, experiential connection to customers before they even enter a store is powerful; add a rewards structure that encourages physical brand engagement and you see the kind of lift we experienced: significant sales growth in some of our top retail customers.”
The Barilla example typifies the power of shopkick’s momentum: holiday engagement in the app created a significant lift for a brand not typically associated with a seasonal boost. The network effect created by the rich ecosystem of brands and retailers not only got people engaged with a new SKU from a favorite brand, but also drove purchase.
“I joined shopkick this past summer because I saw the incredible promise of this platform for both consumer brands and retail organizations,” said Bill Demas, shopkick CEO. “After an intense sprint of product optimizations, we launched into holiday with the best offering we’ve ever had in market and the results show. This coming year should bring unprecedented growth to the shopkick ecosystem.”
About shopkick, Inc.
Shopkick is the #1 shopping rewards app, creating an ecosystem of consumers, brands, and retailers driving value and insights for each. Some of our leading retail and brand partners include, American Eagle Outfitters, American Greetings, Best Buy, Clorox, Coty, Macy’s, Marshalls, Nestle, P&G, Starbucks and TJ Maxx, among others. Shopkick is available for free on the iPhone from the App Store and for Android from Google Play.