RALEIGH, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mohu, The Cord Cutting Company, today launched Mohu AirWave, the industry’s first-of-its-kind, wireless, over-the-air (OTA) and over-the-top (OTT) device that integrates live, local broadcast TV with free streaming channels across popular streaming devices, including Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, Android, iOS and more. Launching initially as an exclusive at Best Buy late Spring 2017 for $149.99, AirWave was built to give cord cutters open, simple and complete wireless access to the live TV and streaming content they enjoy, all in one place and with no monthly fees.
“At Mohu, our mission is to continue evolving and improving the cord cutting viewing process for consumers,” said Mark Buff, founder and CEO of Mohu. “Watching TV should be a personalized experience for every viewer, and we know consumers have a lot of options and preferences about how they view TV without cable. In order to simplify the viewing process for consumers, we’ve created a product that not only gives open access to OTA content, but also integrates and organizes OTT streaming video through a seamless, all-in-one interface.”
As the number of people who cut the cord on cable continues to rise, Mohu created AirWave for consumers who are looking to have complete access to free live broadcast networks, which are available through an OTA antenna, as well as the over-the-top video content they crave.
At launch, AirWave is compatible with the most popular video streaming devices on the market, including:
- Amazon Fire TV and Stick
- Apple TV (current generation)
- Roku’s entire lineup from Express to Ultra
AirWave wirelessly connects to the Mohu TV application (available for free across all compatible devices), which allows users to channel up and down through live broadcast content and free streaming content in a familiar, cable-like TV guide. Other enhanced features of AirWave include:
- First Device to Combine OTA and OTT content: The device combines live, local channels with streaming video in a cable-like program guide, complete with program descriptions, ability to select favorite channels, and view up to 14 days of upcoming content.
- First Wireless Antenna: No coax needed. Users can set up AirWave anywhere in a home where there is an Internet connection, giving users the freedom to set up the device where they choose.
- Free TV Everywhere: Watch TV across your favorite connected devices, including Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, iOS, Android and the web.
- ClearPixTM Technology: Proprietary, first-of-its-kind dynamic pixelation reduction technology automatically adjusts to improve image reception of over-the-air broadcasts.
“We are at the crest of the cord cutting revolution," said Buff. "Pay TV is broken. AirWave is our attempt to reinvent the TV viewing experience by offering consumers flexibility, convenience and choice. With Free TV Everywhere, you can watch what you want, how you want and with no monthly fees.”
Mohu, the Cord Cutting Company, is a consumer electronics manufacturer dedicated to leading the TV cord cutting revolution, bridging OTA and OTT devices and content to give consumers access to the TV they want at a cost they can control. To help consumers identify which cord cutting options are best for them, Mohu created Untangle.TV, the first cord cutting recommendation tool that shows users what they need to cut the cord. The company’s approach to TV is founded on the motto “Be Set Free," making its products simple to use and enabling consumers to have an exceptional experience without burdensome costs or constraints. Since introducing the world’s first paper-thin Leaf HDTV Indoor Antenna in 2011, Mohu has helped its customers save more than $300 million by reducing or eliminating costly monthly cable and satellite bills. Mohu offers a full line of high-quality, easy-to-install and cost-effective HDTV antenna and cord cutting products. For more information, visit www.gomohu.com.