· EQT VI sells Automic, a leading global provider of business automation software, to CA Technologies
· With its unified ONE Automation platform, Automic helps enterprises to improve productivity and drive agility by automating business processes and IT infrastructure regardless of architecture, complexity and location
· During EQT VI’s ownership, Automic has experienced strong growth with revenues almost doubling and EBITDA tripling
EQT VI Limited (“EQT VI”) has entered into a definitive agreement to sell Automic Holding GmbH (“Automic” or the “Company”) to CA Technologies Inc. (“CA Technologies”) in a transaction valuing Automic at EUR 600m.
EQT VI acquired Automic, then named UC4, in August 2012 with the vision of transforming the Company into a category leader in business automation. This has been accomplished through:
- Rebranding of the Company from UC4 to Automic to support a more business-line centric sales strategy and an increase in brand awareness
- Continuous investments in product innovation and expansion – both organic and through acquisitions – to strengthen the value proposition of Automic’s ONE Automation platform
- Build-out of Automic’s market position in the high-growth “Application Release Automation” market, culminating in landmark customer wins and recognition by leading industry analysts
- Several add-on acquisitions including smaller technology “tuck-ins” and the transformative acquisition of Orsyp, which not only allowed Automic to become the global pure-play leader in its market, but also generated significant synergies
- Hiring of Todd DeLaughter as CEO and overall strengthening of the management team and organization, supported by a strong industrial board of directors
“Since 2012, Automic has evolved into a true leader in business automation with its unified One Automation platform, setting the Company clearly apart from competition. We are very grateful to Automic’s exceptional team, who under the leadership of Todd has taken the company on an impressive journey during EQT VI’s ownership, with revenues doubling and EBITDA tripling in only four years. We are happy that Automic going forward will be a part of a well-known blue-chip company such as CA Technologies and believe the industrial logic of the transaction is very strong” says Per Franzén, Partner at EQT Partners and Investment Advisor to EQT VI.
“The past four years have been truly exciting for Automic, thriving in existing segments and also expanding into new ones, yielding strong double-digit revenue growth and gaining an even stronger market position. The continuous support from EQT VI and its global network of industry experts were instrumental in further developing the Company and delivering on key strategic priorities for the business. Automic’s achievements would not have been possible without the great management team and organization. We are all looking forward to our future journey with CA Technologies as a strong partner that will enable Automic to continue to grow and prosper,” adds Todd DeLaughter, CEO of Automic.
The agreement is subject to customary anti-trust clearance and the transaction is expected to close in the first quarter of 2017.
EQT VI and management were advised by Arma Partners, Goldman Sachs International, Kirkland & Ellis, Schönherr Rechtsanwälte and EY.
EQT is a leading alternative investments firm with approximately EUR 30 billion in raised capital across 21 funds. EQT funds have portfolio companies in Europe, Asia and the US with total sales of more than EUR 17 billion and approximately 100,000 employees. EQT works with portfolio companies to achieve sustainable growth, operational excellence and market leadership.
More information at www.eqtpartners.com.
Automic, the leader in business automation, helps enterprises drive competitive advantage by automating their IT and business systems - from on-premise to the Cloud, Big Data and the Internet of Things. With offices worldwide, Automic powers over 2,700 customers including Bosch, Netflix, eBay, AMC Theatres, Carphone Warehouse, ExxonMobil, Vodafone, Société Générale, NHS SBS, General Electric and Swisscom.
More information can be found at www.automic.com.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ:CA) creates software that fuels transformation for companies and enables them to seize the opportunities of the application economy. Software is at the heart of every business in every industry. From planning, to development, to management and security, CA is working with companies worldwide to change the way we live, transact, and communicate – across mobile, private and public cloud, distributed and mainframe environments. Learn more at www.ca.com.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com