REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS – Get ready to play a near-infinite number of side-scrolling 2D Mario courses anytime, anywhere! Earn in-game medals in 100 built-in courses and access recommended courses from the Super Mario Maker game on the Wii U console. Plus, design courses and share them with other players via the StreetPass feature and local wireless. The Super Mario Maker for Nintendo 3DS game will be available on Dec. 2. Click here to watch the trailer.
- Swapdoodle – Just in case you missed it, the Swapdoodle game is now available. Swapdoodle is an easy way to write messages, draw 3D pictures and share them with your Nintendo 3DS friends. Swapping doodles is a snap thanks to stamps based on the icons of played games and your Mii character. You can also purchase in-game add-on packs that have doodle lessons of Nintendo characters!
Virtual Console on Wii U
- Advance Wars: Dual Strike – On the heels of its last defeat, the nefarious Black Hole Army has fallen under the control of a deadly new commanding officer. He has sent its new COs to attack the nations of Wars World once again, and it’s up to the allied armies of Orange Star, Blue Moon, Yellow Comet and Green Earth to put an end to Black Hole once and for all. In this classic Nintendo DS strategy game, players lead their new Commanding Officers to fend off the Black Hole Army’s latest invasion. With massive battles that sweep across both screens, the Advance Wars: Dual Strike game will change the face of dual-screen warfare forever.
Nintendo eShop sales:
- Last chance for Cyber Deals: Up to 50% off select games ends Dec. 5 – A gift for them ... a gift (or two) for you! Treat yourself this holiday season with big savings on select digital games for both Wii U and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. My Nintendo members also earn Gold Points on qualifying digital purchases, so it’s a win-win. This sale runs until 8:59 a.m. PT on Dec. 5.
- Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Also new this week:
- CUP CRITTERS (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Hyperlight EX (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- SHOOT THE BALL (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console, the Nintendo 3DS family of systems and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi™ Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™. Click here for details about the recent Nintendo DSi Shop service change.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, New Nintendo 3DS, New Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. Nintendo 3DS players who register a Nintendo Network ID gain access to free-to-start games and free game demos from Nintendo eShop, and also get the latest news and information direct from Nintendo. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.