ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Science Applications International Corp. (NYSE: SAIC) introduced today SAIC Integrated Training EdgeTM, a multidisciplinary platform through which company experts can analyze a customer’s training needs and constraints, design a state-of-the-art training solution, implement the solution, and assess its effectiveness.
The platform, abbreviated as SITETM, integrates SAIC’s people, processes, tools, and technologies into one ecosystem, drawing on decades of successful design, development, and delivery of immersive training. SITE and several of its component building blocks will be demonstrated in Booth 2113 at the Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC), Nov. 28-Dec. 1 in Orlando, Florida.
“Training should be transformational,” said Josh Jackson, SAIC senior vice president and general manager of the Training and Simulation Service Line. “Whether that training is on technical skills, desired behaviors, or key missions, SITE ensures our customers are prepared for even the most complex operations. Using SITE, SAIC can identify and customize a solution that ensures individual and collective readiness.”
By using standard business and training development processes and by taking advantage of cloud technologies, SAIC can deliver solutions on tighter timelines and with less infrastructure investment.
“Secure cloud solutions enable us to deliver training on demand, when and where people need it, including via mobile devices,” said Bob Kleinhample, SAIC vice president of Simulation and Training Systems.
Included in the SITE ecosystem of solutions are the following offerings, which will be presented in Booth 2113 at I/ITSEC:
- Design Curriculum Competency™– a highly structured process that ensures designers and developers select instructionally sound strategies and utilize appropriate technologies to optimize competency achievement.
- Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality – immersive technologies that provide hyper-realistic experiences without the infrastructure costs associated with full-scale simulation.
- Serious Gaming – solutions that provide maximum engagement to today’s technology-savvy learners.
- Face Fact – a tool that monitors micro-facial expressions to assess a learner’s level of engagement with a training event.
- Accelerated Learning Framework – a data-driven solution that enables training that adapts to a learner’s specific training needs.
Visitors to the booth can also learn about these solutions made possible by SITE:
- Cyber intel training – A layered approach using a simulated internet and all-source data to develop scalable training events.
- SAIC’s contribution to Operation Blended Warrior – Demonstration of how our High Fidelity Cloud Network can facilitate high-end training on low-end devices, reducing infrastructure investment.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC’s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.3 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.
Certain statements in this announcement constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements involve risks and uncertainties and a number of factors could cause our actual results, performance, achievements, or industry results to be very different from the results, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Some of these factors include, but are not limited to, the risk factors set forth in SAIC's Annual Report on Form 10-K and other such filings that SAIC makes with the SEC from time to time, which may be viewed or obtained through the Investor Relations section of our web site at www.saic.com. Due to such uncertainties and risks, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on such forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof.