MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As we add more internet-connected devices to our home networks, it’s increasingly common to encounter problems when Wi-Fi performance just can’t keep up. A new service launching this week from Best Buy’s Geek Squad comes to the aid of anyone frustrated by networking issues, providing in-home or remote setup as well as ongoing 24/7 support for home Wi-Fi and connected Wi-Fi enabled devices.
Geek Squad’s Wi-Fi Setup & Support service starts with comprehensive, personalized home Wi-Fi setup, either over the phone, web or in your home. Going well beyond what internet service providers typically offer, Geek Squad Agents will optimize your router’s performance by configuring advanced settings you might not know exist. Agents can also help solve problems such as slow speeds, buffering and struggles connecting devices to the network.
“Our wireless networks are truly the backbone of our personal technology because they control how we entertain, do our work, stay connected, and even light or heat our homes,” said Matt Bonin, vice president of Geek Squad Services at Best Buy. “The Geek Squad Home Wi-Fi Setup & Support service gives people the peace of mind that they have a partner to not only help them set up their routers but be there long after to keep their Wi-Fi performing.”
The comprehensive new Geek Squad service includes:
- Same day setup via phone, web or schedule an in-home visit with an Agent.
- Configuring your new or existing router to get the best performance, including addressing dead spots and slow speeds, and making sure your network is secure.
- Ensuring your most important devices have Wi-Fi priority on your network and helping with wireless device connections.
- Customizing additional advanced settings, like parental controls and guest networks.
- 24/7 ongoing remote support from an expert Geek Squad Agent for one or two years.
- Discounts on Geek Squad in-home Wi-Fi services during your membership.
Geek Squad Home Wi-Fi Setup & Support service is available for $99 for one year and $149.99 for two years. Additional savings of $20 is available with the purchase of select hardware, including routers, modems, laptops and connected home devices at Best Buy stores and online.
The new Geek Squad Home Wi-Fi Setup & Support membership is available now exclusively at Best Buy stores and online. For more information, visit www.BestBuy.com/HomeWifi.