NEWTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--lifeIMAGE, the nation’s leading medical image exchange technology connecting health care networks, providers and patients to improve care quality, today announced the immediate availability of lifeIMAGE 5.0, the latest upgrade to its enterprise-grade electronic medical image sharing platform that connects thousands of hospitals across the country.
Several key additions in lifeIMAGE 5.0 unlock new ways for patient care teams to improve timeliness and quality of care through access to critical imaging information:
- More complete patient histories – Parts of a patient’s imaging history can live in a number of locations internal and external to the hospital, such as the PACS, VNA, image exchange network and other clinical systems. With lifeIMAGE 5.0, clinicians can quickly gain access to and compare data from any of these repositories to better coordinate care.
- Real-time collaboration – Physicians in multiple locations can now simultaneously review and annotate diagnostic-quality images. This enhancement will drive efficiency in patient cases that require multi-disciplinary review, and enable experts to work more effectively with care teams at outside community and rural facilities.
- Fast Health Interoperability Resources (FHIR) support - This emerging health IT interoperability standard enables new levels of medical image sharing – for example, it allows radiologists to pull data from other sources into the image exchange platform for comparison purposes, which used to be a multi-step process that would otherwise cause delays in treatment.
Version 5.0 of the lifeIMAGE medical image sharing platform also fully integrates with Client Outlook’s eUnity viewing platform, the leading tool among radiologists, cardiologists, oncologists, neurologists and scores of other specialty clinicians because of its speed, support for both DICOM and non-DICOM data, and advanced, multi-specialty toolset. eUnity is a true zero-download viewer that gives physicians consistent access to diagnostic-quality images from any modality.
“The technology advancement of lifeIMAGE 5.0 brings every member of a patient’s care team fast access to full-fidelity, diagnostic quality images from any hospital system or any external provider,” said Matthew Michela, CEO and president of lifeIMAGE. “We are committed to creating health data interoperability for every patient seeking care – including specialist reviews and second opinions – while giving providers the first truly universal view of their patient’s imaging history via data exchange between previously disconnected systems.”
lifeIMAGE provides health systems an integrated combination of cloud and enterprise image exchange workflow solutions that promote interoperability and realize tangible results. Learn more at www.lifeIMAGE.com.
- lifeIMAGE 5.0 video
- lifeIMAGE survey of members of the College of Healthcare Information Management Executives (CHIME) reveals image data interoperability challenges and priorities – read the eBook
- lifeIMAGE will be at RSNA, Chicago, November 27-December 2 in booth 1550 – learn more
lifeIMAGE is the nation’s leading medical image exchange solution connecting health care networks, providers and patients to imaging records, regardless of where exams are performed or stored. It has been adopted by more than 130 multi-site health systems across the country to improve care coordination for patient consultations, referrals and transfers. Providers use lifeIMAGE to improve the quality and timeliness of care, expand referral business, and eliminate wasteful spending.