SALT LAKE CITY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Franklin Covey Co. today announced its 2016 Leader in Me Symposium Series, “Rethink Leadership.” The series will focus on transforming paradigms in education by empowering elementary and middle-school students to model 21st-century leadership skills to achieve their full potential.
The symposia will be held in 28 cities across North America and will include nearly 9,000 administrators, teachers and community members. Participants can attend a full two-day or a condensed one-day symposium. Participants will:
- Share innovative ideas with other educators
- Gain inspiration from thought leaders’ keynote presentations
- Learn best practices from experts in featured sessions
- Develop new skills and principle-centered effectiveness with The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People® Foundations training
- Discover how Leader in Me schools achieve success on a local school tour (two-day symposium only)
“This year’s symposium events will provide great insight and motivation to the thousands of educators who will attend,” said Sean Covey, FranklinCovey’s Education Practice Leader. “Our breakout sessions, panel discussions and keynote speeches will present innovative topics on developing and empowering student leadership in schools. We are confident that this year’s series will be a key driver in shaping leadership in education and providing students with the vital skills they need to thrive in the 21st century.”
The schedule for the 2016 Leader in Me Symposium Series begins October 17, 2016, and runs through May 12, 2017: http://events.theleaderinme.org/?refid=tlimfooter.
Participants will hear from a strong lineup of keynote speakers, including:
- Sean Covey – Author of bestselling The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, The 7 Habits of Happy Kids and The 6 Most Important Decisions You’ll Ever Make, which combined have sold nearly 8 million copies, in 30 languages.
- Muriel Summers – Principal of A.B. Combs Magnet Elementary in Raleigh, North Carolina; A.B. Combs was the first school to implement the leadership model and process known as The Leader in Me, and has been named the #1 Magnet School in America, twice.
- Salome Thomas El – Award-winning teacher, principal, and Head of School at Thomas Edison Charter School in Wilmington, Del. At Vaux Middle School he coached his students to become eight-time National Chess Champions.
- Brad Montague – Creator of Kid President, the popular web series featured on Rainn Wilson's Soulpancake YouTube channel with more than 16 million views, director of GO! Camp, and co-founder of Love In Stereo.
- Kim Bearden – Co-founder, executive director, and language arts teacher at the highly-acclaimed Ron Clark Academy, and author of the bestselling book Crash Course: The Life Lessons My Student Taught Me.
The cost to attend the two-day symposium is $379 in the U.S. and $429 in Canada. Attendance to a one-day symposium is $199 in U.S. and $219 in Canada. Early bird and group discounts are available.
To learn more about the symposium, attend a free 30-minute webcast held every Wednesday.
FranklinCovey will also be hosting one-day, on-site pre-symposium work sessions based on The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People® Foundations. Cost to attend is $199. A three-hour Rethink Leadership Workshop will also be offered in 10 cities, at a cost of $49. Attendees will review common school challenges and initiatives, learn five core paradigms for rethinking leadership, learn about the 7 Habits work session, and about The 4 Disciplines of Execution® (4DX) process for achieving schoolwide goals.
To see a complete schedule or to register, please visit http://events.theleaderinme.org. Seating for symposium events is limited; registration is required.
ABOUT FRANKLIN COVEY EDUCATION
For nearly three decades, FranklinCovey Education, a division of FranklinCovey, has been one of the world’s most prominent and trusted providers of educational leadership programs and transformational processes. FranklinCovey’s programs, books, and content have been utilized by thousands of public and private primary, secondary, and post-secondary schools and institutions, including educational service centers and vocational schools in all 50 states within the United States and in over 150 countries.
ABOUT FRANKLIN COVEY CO.
Franklin Covey Co. (NYSE: FC) is a global, public company specializing in organizational performance improvement. We help organizations and individuals achieve results that require a change in human behavior. Our expertise is in seven areas: leadership, execution, productivity, trust, sales performance, customer loyalty and education. Franklin Covey clients have included 90 percent of the Fortune 100, more than 75 percent of the Fortune 500, thousands of small and mid-sized businesses, as well as numerous government entities and educational institutions. Franklin Covey has more than 100 direct and partner offices providing professional services in over 150 countries and territories.