PLEASANTON, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Veeva Systems (NYSE:VEEV) today announced that it has expanded its leadership team across product management and cloud software development to accelerate innovation and customer success in clinical operations and data management. Veeva is bringing together established industry experts with proven cloud innovators to continue to deliver clinical applications that will unify end-to-end processes and help speed trials.
“We have a significant opportunity to help the industry overcome current limitations and better manage the complexity of global trials,” said Peter Gassner, founder and CEO of Veeva Systems. “We’re deepening the bench on our world-class clinical team with talented leaders that bring strong technology and life sciences background to Veeva. Our balance of industry expertise and cloud software knowledge puts us in a unique position to be a strategic partner to life sciences.”
In addition to its expanded clinical team, Veeva today introduced Veeva Vault EDC and Veeva Vault eSource, the first applications on a single cloud platform to provide a better, modern approach for clinical data management. In less than four years, Veeva has added more than 120 clinical operations customers, including global deployments of Veeva Vault eTMF at seven of the top 20 pharma companies. The company is building upon this success by adding to its talented clinical team and delivering new applications as part of the Veeva Vault Clinical Suite that will drive the next phase of innovation in clinical trials.
The members of Veeva’s expanded clinical team will now include:
- Henry Levy, chief strategy officer – Levy has nearly 25 years of experience transforming the way the biopharmaceutical industry improves patient health. He leads Veeva’s market strategy and strategic relationships with customers and partners in multiple areas, including clinical. Levy also represents Veeva in various industry collaborations. Previously, he ran client development and commercial services at PPD, one of the world’s largest CROs, and was head of Accenture’s global life sciences R&D practice.
- Jill Johnston, vice president, Veeva Vault Clinical – Johnston is responsible for leading the development of Veeva’s clinical operations products and market strategy. She has more than 20 years of expertise in clinical operations, pharmaceutical efficiency, and transformation initiatives across Phase I-IV. Prior to Veeva, she held a variety of senior leadership roles in clinical operations, project management, and Six Sigma at Covance, a leading global CRO.
- Brian Longo, senior vice president and general manager, Veeva Vault EDC – Over the past 10 years at Veeva, Longo has architected and innovated industry-specific cloud solutions for drug discovery, medical affairs, and commercial. He leads the development of Vault EDC and Vault eSource, delivering the technology innovation that customers need to improve speed and data quality and cut the cost and complexity in clinical trials.
- Richard Young, vice president, Veeva Vault EDC – Young has nearly 25 years of expertise in data management, clinical solutions, and advanced clinical strategies. His broad experience in life sciences includes roles at Medidata where he focused on adaptive trials, risk-based monitoring, mHealth, and big data, as well as operational roles at leading pharma and CRO organizations, including GlaxoWellcome, Novo Nordisk, and PAREXEL. At Veeva, Young is establishing Vault EDC as the leading solution for clinical data management.
- Drew Garty, vice president, product management, Veeva Vault EDC – Garty’s career in pharmaceutical technology spans nearly 20 years and includes extensive experience in clinical system architecture, design, and development, including EDC. He is responsible for developing and implementing innovative technology solutions as part of the Veeva Vault Clinical Suite, including Vault EDC and Vault eSource. Prior to Veeva, he spent the majority of his career at PAREXEL where he led the institutionalization of EDC and development of innovative solutions such as risk-based monitoring.
- Michelle Marlborough, vice president, product management, Veeva Vault CTMS – In her role, Marlborough is responsible for the development of Veeva Vault CTMS. She brings 20 years of experience to Veeva transforming clinical trials through innovative technology and analytics. Before Veeva, Marlborough was vice president of product strategy at Medidata and held data management roles at leading pharmaceutical companies, including GSK and AstraZeneca.
For more about Veeva transforming clinical data management, read our press release to learn how Vault EDC and Vault eSource will deliver real-time, accurate data and help enable faster, more informed decisions in clinical trials.
Veeva Vault EDC is expected to be available in April 2017, while Veeva Vault eSource is expected to be available in December 2017.
Connect with the Veeva clinical team on LinkedIn:
Additional Veeva Information:
For more on Veeva Vault EDC, visit: veeva.com/VaultEDC
For more on Veeva Vault eSource, visit: veeva.com/VaulteSource
Connect with Veeva on LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/veeva-systems
Follow us @veevasystems on Twitter: twitter.com/veevasystems
Like Veeva on Facebook: facebook.com/veevasystems
About Veeva Systems
Veeva Systems Inc. is a leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, Veeva has more than 450 customers, ranging from the world's largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with offices in Europe, Asia, and Latin America. For more information, visit veeva.com.
This release contains forward-looking statements, including the market demand for and acceptance of Veeva’s products and services, the results from use of Veeva’s products and services, and general business conditions, particularly in the life sciences industry. Any forward-looking statements contained in this press release are based upon Veeva’s historical performance and its current plans, estimates, and expectations, and are not a representation that such plans, estimates, or expectations will be achieved. These forward-looking statements represent Veeva’s expectations as of the date of this press announcement. Subsequent events may cause these expectations to change, and Veeva disclaims any obligation to update the forward-looking statements in the future. These forward-looking statements are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results to differ materially. Additional risks and uncertainties that could affect Veeva’s financial results are included under the captions, “Risk Factors” and “Management’s Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations,” in the company’s filing on Form 10-Q for the period ended July 31, 2016. This is available on the company’s website at veeva.com under the Investors section and on the SEC’s website at sec.gov. Further information on potential risks that could affect actual results will be included in other filings Veeva makes with the SEC from time to time.
® 2016 Veeva Systems Inc. All rights reserved. Veeva and the Veeva logo
are trademarks of Veeva Systems Inc.
Veeva Systems Inc. owns other registered and unregistered trademarks.