BELMONT, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE:RNG), a leading provider of enterprise cloud communication and collaboration solutions, today announced new Android and iOS apps for its team messaging platform, RingCentral Glip. The apps enable a mobile-first communication and collaboration experience for the modern business workforce.
Seamlessly integrated with RingCentral Office, RingCentral Glip helps people be just as productive outside the office as at their desks. RingCentral has rebuilt the Glip mobile experience from the ground up to be more intuitive with fresh design. The RingCentral Glip Android and iOS apps are faster and higher performing than ever before, whether a user is on a smartphone or tablet. Designed to enable greater engagement, the apps work in concert with RingCentral’s apps to make it easy to organize a conference call or an online meeting. RingCentral Glip users can send rich messages that can include links, files, or task assignments, while retaining the option of switching to a call or a video call for a more in-depth conversation.
“RingCentral is raising the bar on workplace productivity, transforming how people communicate and get work done from a single, collaborative communications hub,” said Marco Casalaina, vice president of applications at RingCentral. “To better empower today’s mobile workforce, we’ve enhanced RingCentral Glip’s rich capabilities for the mobile platforms our customers depend on. Now, with enhanced speed, reliability, and collaboration functionality, our customers can be more productive no matter which mobile devices they choose to work from.”
Key features of the new RingCentral Glip mobile experience include:
- Improved search experience to help users locate people, teams, and specific message content more quickly
- Updated Shelf design to make files, tasks, notes, and links associated with a conversation easier to locate, by simply tapping the “i” icon
- Added ability to mark a conversation unread for follow up later, by tapping and holding on a conversation name
- Improved formatting for Android tablets and landscape support
- Support for split screen on Android Nougat (7.0)
- Capability to read PDFs and Microsoft Office® documents directly in RingCentral Glip app
- Added ability to open and share documents in another app, by simply tapping the Share button on the preview screen and picking a destination
- Support to sync iOS Contacts list: invitations can be sent to one person or in bulk via email or text message
- “Favorite” a conversation by swiping left on a conversation and star to mark as important
- “What’s New” screen keeps users informed of major new RingCentral Glip features
- Added landscape support for iPhone 6, iPhone 6S, iPad®, and iPad mini™.
For more information, please visit https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.glip.mobile&hl=en or https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ringcentral-glip-real-time/id715886894?mt=8. Customers can also tweet to @glip to share feedback on the new RingCentral Glip Android and iOS apps.
About RingCentral Glip
RingCentral Glip is fully searchable, real-time group chat and video chat, task management, file sharing and more, in one easy-to-use app. RingCentral Glip removes communication barriers with built-in text and video chat and includes file sharing, task management, shared calendars and more, all seamlessly integrated. With RingCentral Glip, every user can easily see the context of work activities and related conversations.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE:RNG) is a leading provider of cloud-based business communications and collaboration solutions. RingCentral’s cloud solution is easier to manage and more flexible and cost-efficient than legacy on-premise communications systems. It meets the needs of modern distributed and mobile workforces spanning SMB to enterprises globally. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California.
RingCentral, RingCentral Office, RingCentral Glip and the RingCentral logo are trademarks of RingCentral, Inc.