BOCA RATON, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--gMed, a Modernizing Medicine company, will showcase gGastro, the complete EHR solution designed specifically for gastroenterologists, at the 2016 American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting (ACG) in Las Vegas. Committed to providing gastroenterology-specific solutions and services that help physicians improve efficiencies, gMed will present both new solutions and award winning, market leading technology for medical practices, ambulatory surgery centers (ASC) and hospitals. Innovations being showcased at ACG include:
- gKiosk™ – this new platform was built to speed up the check-in process by letting patients update their personal information and medical history and sign consent forms on an iPad. gKiosk integrates with gGastro and gPM™ to add data to the patient’s record automatically.
- gGastro – the gastroenterology-specific EHR system was named Top Ambulatory EHR for gastroenterology by Black Book Rankings’ in 2016 and for six consecutive years.
- gPM™ – an innovative practice management system designed to enhance both the efficiency of workflow and effectiveness of processes. gPM integrates the gastroenterology practice with the endoscopy center to centralize medical and financial data into one system.
- gCharge™ – a fully integrated way to capture hospital charges using mobile technology.
- gInsights™ – an advanced analytical tool that simplifies the process of performance measurement to provide more accurate, timely and efficient reporting.
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) – services that can help increase efficiencies and improve financial performance with the combined use of technology, people and processes.
“We look forward to demonstrating how our comprehensive solution suite can help gastroenterologists with every phase of care delivery, from patient check-in, clinical visit, to payment,” said Daniel Cane, CEO and co-founder of Modernizing Medicine. “Since welcoming gMed into the Modernizing Medicine family, we have effectively collaborated around emerging technologies and best practices to innovate highly impactful solutions for gastroenterologists in private practice, ASCs and hospitals.”
Mary Igo, Chief Executive Officer of Digestive Health Specialists in Tacoma, Wash., shares, “Since we began using gGastro in conjunction with gPM in 2014, our multiple clinics and endoscopy centers are now seamlessly integrated. The elimination of redundant data entry has streamlined workflow and saved time, which has been a critical benefit not only for the practice but also for our patients."
In addition, ACG attendees can see gMed’s Endoscopy Report Writer (ERW) that was selected by Olympus as an alternate solution for the EndoWorks platform. For many providers who still need to transition from EndoWorks, ACG will be one of the last opportunities to test-drive the ERW and learn about conversion options before Olympus support is discontinued.
“We’re thrilled to debut our new patient kiosk to the GI community,” said Dr. Elliot Ellis, Team Lead, Gastroenterology at Modernizing Medicine. “The iPad application is intuitive and so easy for patients to use, and the fact that it’s completely integrated with the EHR and practice management systems greatly improves the flow of information.”
Dr. Ellis and the gMed team will be at booth #716 to demo the GI-specific gGastro suite of solutions. ACG 2016 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas, NV, from October 16 – 18, 2016. You can learn more about the conference here.
gMed will host its annual user conference in Orlando, Fla., from November 18 – 20, 2016. The gMed Summit offers a unique opportunity for users to network and learn more about the latest industry trends, top compliance issues, new offerings, product roadmap and more. You can learn more about the gMed Summit here.
About Modernizing Medicine
Modernizing Medicine® and its affiliated companies are transforming how healthcare information is created, consumed and utilized in order to increase efficiency and improve outcomes. Our specialty-specific, data-driven and cloud-based electronic health records (EHR) and practice management (PM) systems, plus revenue cycle management (RCM) services, were built by a team including specialty physicians and practice management professionals. Our suite of products and services is designed to transform the clinical, financial and operational aspects of dermatology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, otolaryngology, pain management, plastic surgery, rheumatology and urology practices. We also offer products designed specifically for ambulatory surgery centers. For more information, please visit www.modmed.com. Connect with Modernizing Medicine on our Blog, Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
About gMed, a Modernizing Medicine Company
gMed, a Modernizing Medicine company, provides the gastroenterology industry with a fully integrated platform consisting of an EHR system, Endoscopy Report Writer, practice management solution, patient portal, data analytics and revenue cycle management services.