MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq:INTU) is making it easier for the self-employed to get paid faster by adding invoicing functionality to the QuickBooks Self-Employed web and mobile app.
Invoicing has been the top requested feature from QuickBooks Self-employed users. Research shows that freelancers are owed an average of $10,000 in unpaid invoices, and spend 36 hours tracking down each missing payment. Now QuickBooks Self-Employed users will be able to take advantage of functionality that has already helped QuickBooks Online users get paid 15 days faster.
Effortless invoicing within QuickBooks Self-Employed enables freelancers to:
- Create and Send Professional Invoices On-The-Go – Freelancers no longer need to worry about how to properly format and fill out an invoice. QuickBooks Self-employed makes it easy to create a professional invoice with a few clicks within the mobile app, and then immediately send it to a customer. Users can then see a summary of invoices that have been sent, providing a quick snapshot of the money owed to them.
- Get Paid Faster By Accepting Online Payments – No more chasing customers for checks or waiting in the line at the bank. Users have the option of asking customers to pay by credit card or e-check right from the invoice.
- Follow The Money With SmartInvoice – this new feature is all about helping people get paid in days, not weeks. Coming soon to QuickBooks Self-Employed, SmartInvoice will notify users about what’s happening with their invoices every step of the way, so that they know immediately when a customer views and pays an invoice.
“Managing cash-flow can be a huge challenge for self-employed people who don’t receive regular paychecks,” said Alex Chriss, vice president and self-employed segment leader at Intuit. “Adding Invoicing to QuickBooks Self-Employed helps freelancers to look professional, gives them added visibility to know exactly when their customers are viewing and paying their invoice, and makes it simple to for their customers to pay them electronically. All together, this puts more money in their pockets – faster!”
Self-Employed Customer Reactions
“With the new invoicing feature, QuickBooks Self-Employed is the perfect mix of simplicity and functionality. It does exactly what I need and I can intuitively understand how to use it. ”
- Emilio Guarino, Musician: www.emilioguarino.com
“The addition of invoicing to QuickBooks Self-Employed gives me the opportunity to spend more time on my business and less time on the paperwork. It's so easy and very intuitive.”
- Candice Lee Conner, Graphic Designer: www.oomphotography.com
Putting Money Back in the Pockets of the Self-Employed
QuickBooks Self-Employed was built from the ground up to give self-employed people an easy and affordable way to manage their finances and save money at tax time. Since first launching in January, 2015, QuickBooks Self-Employed has helped users get back 10 percent of their annual income:
- Tax Savings: users find on average $4,340 in potential tax savings per year. These deductions could cut their tax bill by 36 percent. In total, on average over $1.1 billion in potential deductions have been found using QuickBooks Self-Employed.
- Mileage Deductions: users log an average of $7,393 in potential mileage deductions per year, and find on average 45% more potential deductions by logging miles. In total, users have logged on average over $125 million in potential mileage deductions.
- Home Office Deductions: users find an average of $819 in potential home office deductions each year. In total, users have found on average over $39 million in potential home office deductions.
The QuickBooks Self-Employed Center provides resources to help guide freelancers through the challenges of managing their customers, careers and finances. A new section is dedicated to helping the self-employed master the art of invoicing: http://quickbooks.intuit.com/self-employed-center/invoicing/
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. creates business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.
Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, which make it easier to manage small businesses and tax preparation and filing. Mint provides a fresh, easy and intelligent way for people to manage their money, while Intuit's ProConnect brand portfolio includes ProConnect Online, ProSeries® and Lacerte®, the company's leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.7 billion in its fiscal year 2016. The company has approximately 7,900 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India, Australia and other locations. More information can be found at www.intuit.com.