LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Catalina Film Festival (CFF) wrapped this weekend with a presentation of the Avalon Award to Jaime King, followed by the West Coast premiere of Custody, starring Catalina Sandino Moreno (Maria Full of Grace, American Gothic) in attendance.
2016 Catalina Film Festival honorees included:
- Avalon Award: Jaime King (Sin City, Pearl Harbor, The Pardon)
- Zorro Del Oro “Golden Fox” Award: Anthony DiBlasi (Director, Beneficiary)
- Deb Bauer Unsung Hero Award: Pet Fooled accepted by Director/Writer Kohl Harrington and Producer Michael Fossat
- Legacy Award: Ann Muscat (Catalina Island Conservancy)
Attendees included famed director, Roland Emmerich (The Day After Tomorrow, Independence Day); Patrick Fischler (Beneficiary, Mulholland Drive, Mad Men); Michael Graziadei (Beneficiary, Young and the Restless); Anne Dudek (Beneficiary, Mad Men, House) Patrick Sane (Breaking Bad), Jake Busey (Swing State), and model Matthew Noszka.
Past honorees include Nicolas Cage, Sharon Stone, William H. Macy, Andy Garcia, Mena Suvari, Kate Bosworth, Jon Favreau, Patricia Arquette, F. Gary Gray, Stan Lee, and more.
Filmmaker awards included:
- Best U.S. Narrative Feature: Custody
- Wes Craven Best Horror/Thriller: Burned
- Best U.S. Short: The Operator
- Best Documentary: Between Two Harbors
- Best Animation Short: Hanging
- Best Conservation Film: Joshua Tree: Threatened Wonderland
- Best High School Student Film: Love Unexpected
- Best Advanced Student Film: Front man
- Best International Short: Zaar
- Best International Feature: Interior Night
- Best Screenplay: Stealing Christmas
The competitive fest and film market also featured the Catalina TV and New Media Summit and officially wraps with the annual Catalina Treasure Hunt in L.A., November 5, with $15,000 in prizes including a Simon and Son replica Marilyn Monroe necklace, and Turks & Caicos resort vacation: www.bit.ly/2dnl0yb
About Catalina Film Festival
Catalina Film Festival is an annual celebration of film on the only West Coast resort island. For decades celebrities and filmmakers have flocked to Catalina for inspiration. Clear blue water and coastal breezes provide the perfect backdrop for discovering everything the island has to offer, 26 miles off the coast of Los Angeles. Supported by Catalina Island Chamber of Commerce, CFF benefits the Catalina Island Conservatory. Sponsors include Mercedes Benz, Island Express Helicopters, ALS Limo and Car Service, Catalina Express, Fill R Up Gastro Garage, and The Cafaro Group. www.CatalinaFilm.org Facebook.com/CatalinaFilm.