PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Please replace the release dated September 28, 2016 with the following corrected version due to multiple revisions.
The corrected release reads:
COMCAST LAUNCHES ON DEMAND MOVIE EVENT: XFINITY FREEPASS LATINO
Xfinity TV Customers Get Two-Week, All-Access Pass to More Than 7,000 Hours of Programming in Spanish and English from STARZ, Pantelion Films and More
Comcast today announced the launch of Xfinity FreePass Latino, a two week, all-access pass to a bicultural content collection of more than 7,000 hours of content, including films, TV series, and music videos in Spanish and English from networks like STARZ, Cine Sony Television, ViendoMovies, Music Choice, and Lionsgate’s joint venture Pantelion Films.
Xfinity FreePass Latino takes place now through October 9 and will be available at no additional cost to all Xfinity TV customers. The content can be accessed on Xfinity On Demand, Xfinity.com/Latino and on the Xfinity TV app and portal.
The bicultural collection features:
- Hundreds of recent and classic films from Cinema Dinamita, Cine Latino, Cine Mexicano, and DePelicula.
- High profile titles like the highest-grossing Spanish-language film of all time, Instructions Not Included, as well as Ladrones, starring telenovela superstars Fernando Colunga and Eduardo Yañez, and Casa de Mi Padre, featuring Gael Garcia Bernal and Will Ferrell.
- Kids programming including La Isla del Faro and Los Happets from Vme Kids.
- Early access to the premieres of new series before they air live, including NBC Universo’s The Riveras, a celeb-reality series, and Azteca America’s Rabia, a drama series produced in Spain.
- Catch up on cult favorites like From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series, from El Rey based on the movie by network founder, Robert Rodriguez, and Discovery en Español’s original series Texas Trocas, an original series from Discovery en Español that follows the Mendez family as they build their custom truck building empire.
- Music videos and original music programming from Music Choice featuring the hottest Latino artists including Jencarlos Canela, Sofia Carson, Gente de Zona, Zion and Lennox, and Chino y Nacho.
“We have more content than ever as part of this promotion and are hoping to broaden the appeal of FreePass Latino to even more bicultural and multigenerational Latino families,” said Javier Garcia, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Multicultural Services for Comcast Cable. “We have it all, from an unprecedented bicultural collection of the movie content they want most and more entertainment choices in their language of preference to early access to premieres of TV shows before they air live and the latest blockbusters available in Spanish through the SAP feed.”
During FreePass Latino, Comcast’s Xfinity X1 platform will provide Latino customers an immersive bicultural viewing experience complete with an easy to navigate programming guide in their language of choice, one touch access to turn the SAP feed on or off and the ability to speak into the Voice Remote Control, which now recognizes commands in both English and Spanish. These features empower Comcast’s Latino customers to easily find and discover more of the programming that matters to them, including thousands of movies of TV episodes from STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, and STARZ ENCORE ESPAÑOL as well as rental titles from Pantelion Films available for the first time at no additional cost during FreePass Latino.
The participation by STARZ will allow customers to experience all of its English and Spanish language programming for free during the two-week event, while offering ungated access to STARZ, STARZ ENCORE, and STARZ ENCORE ESPAÑOL’s on demand features. High profile movies in Spanish from STARZ include Ant-Man, Spider-Man 3, Avengers: Age of Ultron, The Good Dinosaur, and Inside Out. Additionally, complete seasons are available of the popular STARZ Original series “Power” and “Black Sails,” as well as “Ash vs Evil Dead” leading up to its season 2 premiere on October 2, 2016.
Xfinity FreePass Latino was formerly known as Free View Latino.
For more details on Xfinity FreePass Latino, including the full programming list, please visit Xfinity.com/Latino to browse through the thousands of hours of content available and check the Xfinity Latino Entertainment Channel daily for recommendations on what to watch, or join the conversation on www.facebook.com/XfinityLatino and https://twitter.com/XfinityLatino using hashtag #QNoTeLoCuenten. Content availability may vary across platforms. For more information on the Xfinity Latino Entertainment channel, Multilatino packages and Xfinity On Demand, please visit www.comcast.com/Espanol.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA) is a global media and technology company with two primary businesses, Comcast Cable and NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest video, high-speed internet and phone providers to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. NBCUniversal operates news, entertainment and sports cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, television production operations, television station groups, Universal Pictures and Universal Parks and Resorts. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.