REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse – The Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse game is now available exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS system. The protagonist is a novice demon hunter in the ruins of Tokyo who meets an untimely end, only to find himself returned to the world of the living by the lesser god Dagda to serve as a pawn in his schemes … with humankind as the prize! Click here to view the trailer.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Severed – Take control of a one-armed warrior named Sasha who wields a living sword on her journey through a nightmare world in search of her family. Features include Wii U Off-TV Play, in-game achievements and HD graphical optimizations. Buy the Wii U version of Severed and receive a free download code for the Nintendo 3DS version upon release. This game is part of the #Nindies Summer Jam promotion, with a special introductory price through 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29. Click here to view the trailer.
Wii Retail on Wii U
- Donkey Kong Country Returns – Donkey Kong Island has been taken over by the musical Tiki Tak Tribe! In this Wii platforming classic, jump, swing and blast your way through more than 65 levels spanning eight worlds. There are many hidden items to uncover in each level, and collecting them all will unlock something special. Invite a friend to take control of Diddy Kong for two-player cooperative play (additional accessories required for multiplayer mode; sold separately).
Virtual Console on Nintendo 3DS
- Final Fight 2 – In the second chapter of the beat-’em-up Super NES classic, the Final Fight 2 game will take Haggar back to the streets of Metro City. Accompanied by Maki and Carlos, he will travel across the world and fight to end Mad Gear Gang’s reign once and for all…
- Final Fight 3 – In the third chapter of the Super NES Final Fight series, a new enemy has arisen by the name of Skull Cross. Join Haggar, Guy, Cody and Lucia as they battle it out on the streets of Metro City once more in what may be their actual final fight.
Nintendo eShop sales:
Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Nintendo 3DS and Wii U), Wipeout Create & Crash (Nintendo 3DS and Wii U) and more games from Activision are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 30.
- Grumpy Reaper (Wii U), Toys vs Monsters (Nintendo 3DS) and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 20.
- Dan McFox: Head Hunter (Nintendo 3DS) and Word Party (Wii U) are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29.
Nintendo eShop on Wii U
- Dual Core is 30 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $6.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 2.
- Steel Rivals is more than 25 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $5) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 12.
- Hold Your Fire: A Game About Responsibility is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to 99 cents) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 3.
- The Quiet Collection is 40 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 26.
- 3Souls is 25 percent off (reduced from $3.90 to $2.90) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29.
Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $39.99 to $24.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Oct. 3.
- Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 29.
Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:
New themes this week include:
- Sonic series: 25th Anniversary (free)
- Sonic series: Boom Style
- Sonic series: Classic Style
- Sonic series: Sonic Style
- Sonic Bundle #2
Also new this week:
- River City: Tokyo Rumble (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS) – Available on Sept. 27
- Noah’s Cradle (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
- Laser Blaster (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- TITANS TOWER (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Double Breakout (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Wings of Magloryx (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
In addition to video games available at retail stores, Nintendo also offers a variety of content that people can download directly to their systems. Nintendo adds new games weekly to Nintendo eShop on the Wii U console and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, the Nintendo DSi™ Shop for the Nintendo DSi system and the Wii™ Shop Channel for the Wii console.
Nintendo eShop is a cash-based service that features a wide variety of content, including new and classic games, applications and demos. Users can add money to their account balances by using a credit card or purchasing a Nintendo eShop Card at a retail store and entering the code from the card. All funds from one card must be loaded in Nintendo eShop on either Wii U or the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, but can be used in either Nintendo eShop if the systems are linked to a single Nintendo Network account.
The Wii Shop Channel offers games and applications and uses Wii Points™, which can be purchased via the Wii Shop Channel. The Nintendo DSi Shop offers games and applications and uses Nintendo DSi Points™, which can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop.
Remember that Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, Nintendo 2DS and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage some of the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
Note to editors: Nintendo press materials are available at http://press.nintendo.com, a password-protected site. To obtain a login, please register on the site.