India's existing natural gas reserves occupy only 0.7% of total global reserves though India's natural gas consumption has already touched nearly 4% of total global consumption. More than two-thirds of India's domestic natural gas reserves are in offshore and even the onshore reserves are also heavily concentrated in few states of west and north-eastern parts of the country. Gas production from the offshore reserves is declining fast due to over exploitation throughout the years. Besides, due to lack of proper technology, onshore production is also not growing substantially.
That is why India's domestic production of natural gas fell by nearly 40% in the last six years - from FY'11 to FY'16. But at the same time, domestic demand for natural has increased substantially - mainly due to India's push towards a gas based energy industry. Hence natural gas imports in the form of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) surged by more than 65% in the same period. As currently there is no pipeline infrastructure from gas exporting countries to India, 100% of imports of natural gas are transported as LNG.
Considering the growth of India's LNG import since FY'11, the import has been growing at Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) 8.74%. Estimates based on this CAGR of LNG import implies, by FY'22, India's LNG import will reach more than 20 MMTPA. The capacity of LNG terminals in the country will be more than 40 MMTPA by FY'22.
India LNG Market & Import Outlook 2025 Report Highlights:
- India Natural Gas Sector Indicators
- India LNG Market Overview
- India LNG Import Terminal Infrastructure
- India Natural Gas/LNG Pricing Analysis
- Regulatory Landscape: Authorities & Policy Framework
- India LNG Import Forecast Outlook
Key Topics Covered:
1. India Natural Gas Sector Indicators
2. India Natural Gas Consumption
3. India LNG Imports
4. India LNG Import Terminal Infrastructure
5. India Natural Gas/LNG Pricing Analysis
6. India Natural Gas Future Demand Analysis
7. India LNG Import Forecast Outlook
8. Regulatory Landscape: Authorities & Policy Framework
9. Competitive Landscape
- Adani Gas
- Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL)
- Reliance Industries (RIL)
- Royal Dutch Shell
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d26hnf/india_lng_market.
Related Topics: LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas)