DETROIT--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Plex Systems, the leader in cloud ERP for manufacturing, today announced it has acquired DemandCaster, a leader in cloud-based supply chain planning solutions. The acquisition means the Plex Manufacturing Cloud now delivers the industry’s first comprehensive suite of cloud applications for running manufacturing enterprises, from enterprise resource (ERP) and supply chain planning (SCP) to manufacturing execution (MES).
Plex Systems: A Complete Cloud Suite for Manufacturing
With the addition of DemandCaster, Plex now provides customers with visibility and insight from demand to execution across the entire manufacturing enterprise.
Plex now offers manufacturers:
- The first proven, end-to-end solution for MES, ERP and SCP delivered from a single cloud provider.
- Connected Manufacturing, linking the manufacturing shop floor directly to both supply chain and enterprise resource planning, as well as suppliers and customers.
- Big Data for manufacturing planning, leveraging data from the shop floor, the enterprise, suppliers and customers for new supply chain analytics in the IntelliPlex suite.
- Master production scheduling (MPS), sales and operations planning (S&OP), demand planning, distribution requirements planning (DRP), capacity planning, inventory planning and optimization.
- Proven integration with equipment (Industrial Internet of Things / IIoT), suppliers, customers, and third-party systems including both legacy and cloud ERP solutions.
DemandCaster: Proven Leadership in Supply Chain Planning
DemandCaster is a pioneer and leader in cloud-based supply chain planning, with solutions that scale to support mid-sized manufacturers and global enterprises. The company has focused squarely on helping customers build world-class planning capabilities in order to fully leverage lean manufacturing processes. Plex has partnered with DemandCaster for more than a year, with multiple large, complex organizations selecting the two companies’ fully integrated solutions.
Comments on the News
“Bringing DemandCaster into the Plex Manufacturing Cloud means we can now offer manufacturers the industry’s first comprehensive cloud suite for connected manufacturing, from planning all the way to execution on the shop floor and delivery to the customer,” said Jason Blessing, CEO of Plex Systems. “We’ve already achieved tremendous market success as partners and I’m excited to see we what we can deliver for customers together.”
“We started DemandCaster to help manufacturers achieve world class planning capabilities and maximize the value of their finely tuned production and fulfillment operations,” said Ara Surenian, CEO and founder of DemandCaster. “From the start of our partnership, working with Plex has been an ideal fit, combining our cloud-based planning system with their industry leading MES solutions. I couldn’t be more excited to join the Plex team.”
“Adding DemandCaster’s proven capabilities to the Plex Manufacturing Cloud opens up a whole new era in connected manufacturing,” said Jim Shepherd, group vice president of strategy for Plex Systems. “Customers will be able to see a real-time change in demand, evaluate alternative responses, and coordinate rescheduled production or procurement all within a single application, anywhere in the world.”
Plex is the Manufacturing Cloud, delivering industry-leading ERP and manufacturing automation to more than 500 companies across process and discrete industries. Plex pioneered Cloud solutions for the shop floor, connecting suppliers, machines, people, systems and customers with capabilities that are easy to configure, deliver continuous innovation and reduce IT costs. With insight that starts on the production line, Plex helps companies see and understand every aspect of their business ecosystems, enabling them to lead in an ever-changing market. Learn more at www.plex.com.