BEIJING--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Alibaba Cloud, the cloud computing arm of Alibaba Group, continues to blaze the trail for technology and innovation with the release of new Artificial Intelligence (AI) solutions and a new logo at its cloud computing conference, Beijing Summit today.
New Logo – A symbol of Computing’s Limitless Value
The succinct symbolic design of the new logo elegantly demonstrates Alibaba Cloud’s mission of achieving limitless value. The design is inspired by the language of programming and represents the dream of Alibaba Cloud expanding its services from China into international markets. Design elements such as “[ ]” and “-” are used given their importance in programming. “[ ]” stands for calculation, and “-” stands for the flow of data.
“"The new logo truly embodies our vision of building a better world together with innovative technologies while safeguarding the values of each of our customers," said Simon HU, President of Alibaba Cloud. “What we are committed to is more than just cloud computing, but making cutting-edge technologies such as artificial intelligence and big data accessible to every industry, and transforming cloud computing into public infrastructure," he added.
Solutions and Applications of Alibaba Cloud’s AI program (“ET”)
At the Beijing Summit, Alibaba Cloud launched a comprehensive suite of solutions in video, image and speech recognition technologies through its AI program, ET. Alibaba Cloud showcased how its AI technologies could be leveraged in different industries to help customers gain efficiency, monitor risks and minimize cost.
- Video Recognition of Basketball Movement: Combining the analysis of videos from sporting events with deep learning services, athletes’ performance can be profiled to determine their behavior, which provides valuable data analysis for the sports industry
- Image Processing: Identifying and describing images accurately through image and caption processing to allow machines to “read” images instantaneously
- Smart Customer Hotline: This speech recognition technology automatically records voice messages of customer service representatives into text format and structures the content and key messages to allow for monitoring of customer service quality, analysis of consumer sentiment and risk control
- Real-time Broadcast Transliteration: Real-time transcription of audio of live broadcasts into subtitles, which can monitor and edit content during live shows
- Customized Recommendation: Built on the basis of big data analytics, providing customized service and support based on users’ purchasing behavior and interests
- Warning of Industrial Malfunctions: Collecting log data and operations of industrial facilities and sending out warnings of potential system breakdowns through a combination of an intelligent algorithm and the advice of experts
- Monitoring Malicious Behaviors in e-Commerce: Automatically identify and detect malicious behaviors of sellers and buyers during transactions
- Forecast of Public Trends: Through a range of big data technologies including semantic and sentiment analysis and machine learning, by analyzing public data online, and communication paths of media and images, trends can be identified such as brand image, hot topics and awareness of public policies
- Financial Risk Control: Accurately assessing the credibility of loan borrowers by analyzing interrelationships between people with algorithms
- Prediction of Heart Disease: Accurately predicting heart disease with a set of machine learning processes including data pre-processing, feature engineering and prediction
- Real-time Traffic Prediction: Providing traffic predictions from five minutes to one hour in advance with accuracy of up to 92 percent, which can support transportation departments’ efforts to ease traffic congestion and provide users with traffic recommendations.
In addition, today Alibaba Cloud will make several announcements including a strategic partnership between Alibaba Cloud and HTC Corporation (‘HTC’), and the unveiling of its Global Marketplace and AliLaunch program. AliLaunch allows international technology partners to enter the China market through Alibaba Cloud’s initiatives. Through the program, technology partners will be able to leverage a variety of value-added offerings such as joint ventures, marketplace partnerships and wholesaling to capitalize on this growing market. The strategic partnership with HTC will combine the company’s leading virtual reality technology with Alibaba Cloud’s leading cloud technologies to explore breakthrough virtual reality solutions which will be highly scalable and price-competitive for customers.
About Alibaba Cloud
Established in September 2009, Alibaba Cloud (www.aliyun.com), Alibaba Group’s cloud computing arm, develops highly scalable platforms for cloud computing and data management. It provides a comprehensive suite of cloud computing services to support participants of Alibaba Group’s online and mobile commerce ecosystem, including sellers and other third-party customers and businesses. Alibaba Cloud is a business within Alibaba Group.